Used Ford Fiesta Fuel Cap
All used Ford Fiesta Fuel Cap listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Fiesta are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Fuel Cap
The Fiesta Ford fuel cap is a small cap that covers the hole where you put the fuel into a vehicle. The fuel cap protects and covers the top of the pipe that connects to the fuel tank.
Usually made of plastic, fuel caps usually just clip or press into place over the opening. The fuel cap can be located on either side of the vehicle, towards the back, often on the quarter panel or rear wing.
The Fiesta Ford fuel cap serves to prevent dirt, dust and other unwanted debris from entering the fuel pipe and potentially clogging up and damaging the fuel filters. It also functions to stop fuel from spilling, leaking and evaporating out of the vehicle. The Fiesta Ford fuel cap also prevents others from accessing your fuel supply and siphoning the fuel.
Usual reasons for replacing this part is damage to or loss of the original fuel cap. Warped and badly fitting fuel caps won't function properly and will need to be replaced. Purchasing a Fiesta Ford fuel cap will ensure the part fits perfectly with the make and model of your vehicle.
Ford Fiesta trivia
- A Ford Fiesta rolls off the production line every 86 seconds.
- Henry Ford II is responsible for the name Fiesta. He said that he liked the alliteration while also enjoying the close relationship that Ford has with Spain.
- The most popular colour choice for a Ford Fiesta is black (with around 17% in terms of sales), then silver (15% of sales), followed by blue (which has 13% of sales).
- A custom made 1.6-litre diesel model managed to clock an incredible 108 miles per gallon over 340 miles.
- The 1-litre 140PS Fiesta is more powerful per litre than a Bugatti Veyron!