Used Ford Fiesta Driveshaft
All used Ford Fiesta Driveshaft listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices or used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Ford Fiesta from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
Integral to the car's ABS System, the Fiesta Ford drive shaft is a mechanical part which is usually a hollow tubing made of steel with yoke/s attached to the end.
As the Fiesta Ford drive shaft rotates it connects the power from the car engine to the car wheels which enables the car to then move. This is essentially the part that makes the car move.
Positioned between the differentials and gear box, Fiesta Ford drive shafts, being made of steel, are strong and solid and therefore most likely to deteriorate over a long period of time. However, when signs of a fault do appear, it is crucial that you look into replacing the Fiesta Ford drive shaft as soon as possible to avoid a complete malfunction of this part.
Drive shaft issues often arise as a result of hitting the kerb with your car wheels. Possible signs that there is a problem with the Fiesta Ford drive shaft is your car shuddering upon acceleration from standstill or when driving at low speed; an alarming clunking sound in the drive shaft when you change gears; a vibration felt whilst driving, and generally any unusual knocking, grinding, rattling, squealing or clicking sounds coming from the draft shaft. You may also experience problems turning your vehicle as a damaged drive shaft can affect this, which it is most likely to happen when you are driving around a corner. A faulty Fiesta Ford drive shaft may also mean you will have issues when trying to park your vehicle. It's imperative to address drive shaft issues as soon as possible because if the draft shaft stops working completely your car will not be able to get power from the engine to the wheels and consequently you will not be able to drive your car until you have replaced the Fiesta Ford drive shaft.
Ford Fiesta trivia
- 1987 is widely considered to be the best year ever for the Ford Fiesta. It sold just over 153,000 units that year alone, making ‘87 the year that grounded the car as a massive best-seller.
- For the last ten years, the Ford Fiesta has outsold every other make and model of car in the UK, making it the best-selling car in the country. It is estimated that for every 20 cars that get sold in the UK, one is a Fiesta.
- A Ford Fiesta rolls off the production line every 86 seconds.
- Henry Ford II is responsible for the name Fiesta. He said that he liked the alliteration while also enjoying the close relationship that Ford has with Spain.
- The most popular colour choice for a Ford Fiesta is black (with around 17% in terms of sales), then silver (15% of sales), followed by blue (which has 13% of sales).