Used Ford Fiesta Carb Mountings
All used Ford Fiesta Carb Mountings listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Fiesta are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Carb Mountings
The Carburettor is mounted on Fiesta Ford carb mountings which are designed to act as a sealant, holding the carb firmly in position and perfectly aligned. The carb mountings are usually a flange/plate used with circular rubber seals to create a soft, secure fix between the carb and the mount.
The Fiesta Ford carb mountings function to strengthen the holding of the carb to the intake manifold and to keep it in the right position, as well as absorbing vibrations and noise from the engine.
The carb has the important job of ensuring the right amount of air and fuel mix is provided to the cylinders in the engine in order for combustion to take place and for the engine to perform at its best. The Carburettor is essentially a pipe through which the air needed for combustion travels. The carb narrows in the middle which causes the pressure in the air, as it flows through the carb, to drop at this point, creating a vacuum which sucks the fuel in. It works by using valves, referred to as the choke and throttle, which take in the right amount of air and fuel which is mixed in the carb before it is sent to the engine.
Carb mountings will wear over time and can become brittle and cracked. Warped carb mountings can lead to a vacuum leak. Replacing this part when it has failed with Fiesta Ford carb mountings will ensure perfect compatibility, specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle.
Ford Fiesta trivia
- Since its debut in 1976, there have been an estimated 4,339,148 Ford Fiestas sold in the UK alone. Across Europe, there have been sales of more than 18 million.
- 1987 is widely considered to be the best year ever for the Ford Fiesta. It sold just over 153,000 units that year alone, making ‘87 the year that grounded the car as a massive best-seller.
- Every engine in a Fiesta is engineered and assembled in Britain.
- Despite its huge popularity and impressive sales figures, not many celebrities have owned up to driving a Fiesta. It seems that the most famous people to own a Fiesta are Nell McAndrew, the official model for 90s Tomb Raider games, and former cricketer/Strictly Come Dancing winner Mark Ramprakash.
- The most popular colour choice for a Ford Fiesta is black (with around 17% in terms of sales), then silver (15% of sales), followed by blue (which has 13% of sales).