Used Ford Fiesta Gear Linkage
All used Ford Fiesta Gear Linkage listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Fiesta are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gear Linkage
The Fiesta Ford gear linkage is a sequence of parts that connects to the gear stick and allows the driver to change gears. In a gear change system there is sometimes a rod attached to the gear handle which runs straight down and is attached to the brake pedal arm. At the end of this rod is a lever, near the brake pedal arm. There is a cable that runs from the firewall to the Fiesta Ford linkage. When the driver moves the gear stick the linkage system pulls or pushes on the cable. The same process happens on the transmission linkage and changes the gear. Some gear linkage systems work in a similar way but don’t use the rod. Instead the movement of the gear handle creates the necessary pressure on the cable.
The most common symptom of Fiesta Ford gear linkage failure is a difficulty shifting gears, particularly between 1st and 2nd gear. This may be accompanied by a grinding or crunching noise when attempting to change gears. This is often caused by the ball joint part of the linkage wearing and popping out of its socket. This will need to be replaced before improvement will be seen.
Ford Fiesta trivia
- A Ford Fiesta rolls off the production line every 86 seconds.
- 1987 is widely considered to be the best year ever for the Ford Fiesta. It sold just over 153,000 units that year alone, making ‘87 the year that grounded the car as a massive best-seller.
- The most popular colour choice for a Ford Fiesta is black (with around 17% in terms of sales), then silver (15% of sales), followed by blue (which has 13% of sales).
- The 1-litre 140PS Fiesta is more powerful per litre than a Bugatti Veyron!
- If you’ve got a bit of spare cash down the back of the sofa, then you might be interested in taking a look at the M-Sport made Fiesta rally car. It’s the single most expensive Ford Fiesta in the world at a whopping £350,000.