Used Ford Focus Air Injection Valve
All used Ford Focus Air Injection Valve listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Focus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Air Injection Valve
The Focus Ford air injection valve is a small but important part of the car's air intake system. Its job is to allow air from the air pump to enter the exhaust system whilst stopping the reverse flow of exhaust fumes back into the air intake system.
The Focus Ford air injection valve is usually found in the plastic housing between the engine and the air filter. It is attached to the Focus Ford air hose which is connected to the air flow sensor which is attached to the Focus Ford air filter box.
It is imperative that the engine is supplied with the correct amount of clean, filtered air. Air needs to be as clean as possible before it mixes with the fuel and burns in the cylinders of the engine. The Focus Ford air injection valve plays a part in this process by ensuring fumes do not go back into the engine. This type of valve is known as a check valve, because it checks or stops the flow of gas in one direction. It has an important part to play in the overall performance of the engine, enabling it to work as efficiently and effectively as possible. By stopping exhaust fumes from re-entering the car's air intake system, the Focus Ford air injection valve helps to prevent damage to the engine.
If there is a problem with the Focus Ford air injection valve you will see the Check Engine Light come on. You may also notice that your fuel consumption is significantly increased and your car's CO2 emissions may be higher. The Focus Ford air injection valve will wear over time and will eventually need replacing. Make sure that is the air intake valve that is faulty and not a blockage or problem elsewhere such as the air hose, air filter, air intake pipe or air pump. If certain the problem lies with the air injection valve, replacing it with a new Focus Ford air injection valve will mean you get the right part for the make and model of your vehicle.
Ford Focus trivia
- Between its launch in 1998 and now, an estimated 12 million people own a Ford Focus.
- The first Focus World Rally Car was entered into the 1999 Monte Carlo Rally, with Colin McRae and Simon Jean-Joseph behind the wheel of two specially designed cars. Unfortunately, the Focus was found to have a water pump that was not allowed, and the Focus team was excluded from the event (although they returned for the Safari Rally later that year and won).
- The original name for the Ford Focus was the Ford Fusion. It was only when the car went into production that the name change to Focus was confirmed, although Ford has used the Fusion name since then for a different model.
- Jeremey Clarkson owns a lot of cars. However, he regularly mentions that his favourite is the Ford Focus.
- Aural experts in the Ford manufacturing plant in Valencia use 18 sound-proofed cells to listen intently to the sound of the engine of a Focus. The sound experts go through rigorous training and are often compared to wine tasters!