Used Ford Focus Fuel Cap
All used Ford Focus Fuel Cap listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Focus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Fuel Cap
The Focus Ford fuel cap is a small cap that covers the hole where you put the fuel into a vehicle. The fuel cap protects and covers the top of the pipe that connects to the fuel tank.
Usually made of plastic, fuel caps usually just clip or press into place over the opening. The fuel cap can be located on either side of the vehicle, towards the back, often on the quarter panel or rear wing.
The Focus Ford fuel cap serves to prevent dirt, dust and other unwanted debris from entering the fuel pipe and potentially clogging up and damaging the fuel filters. It also functions to stop fuel from spilling, leaking and evaporating out of the vehicle. The Focus Ford fuel cap also prevents others from accessing your fuel supply and siphoning the fuel.
Usual reasons for replacing this part is damage to or loss of the original fuel cap. Warped and badly fitting fuel caps won't function properly and will need to be replaced. Purchasing a Focus Ford fuel cap will ensure the part fits perfectly with the make and model of your vehicle.
Ford Focus trivia
- Jeremey Clarkson owns a lot of cars. However, he regularly mentions that his favourite is the Ford Focus.
- Famed for its rally performance, the Ford Focus has also won the SCCA Speed World Challenge Touring Car Series. The Focus TC 2000 won in 2003, 2005, 2010, and 2012.
- One of the later versions of the Ford Focus, the ST, was designed using the engine of a Mustang.
- Between its launch in 1998 and now, an estimated 12 million people own a Ford Focus.
- Among its many awards, the Focus MK1 was also awarded the 1999 European Car of the Year award.