Used Ford Focus Sunroof Electric Switch
All used Ford Focus Sunroof Electric Switch listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Focus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Sunroof Electric Switch
There are two main types of power switch to operate an electric sunroof. The first of these is the simple Focus Fordelectric sunroof switch. The sunroof is generally operated by pressing this switch and holding it down until the sunroof is opened to the extent desired. An alternative, somewhat more sophisticated system, involves the employment of an electronic control module. This type of module enables rapid opening and closing. It may also activate automatic closing of the sunroof whenever the ignition is turned off. Whichever type of system is used, the ability to open and close a car’s sunroof at the flick of a switch is far preferable to the alternative of operating the sunroof manually.
If an electric sunroof ceases to operate it is likely to be due to faulty wiring from the switch or a defect in the Focus Fordelectric sunroof switch itself. Most auto-electrical accessory retailers provide replacement electric sunroof switches for most models. It may be necessary to employ an auto electrician to fit the replacement switch to ensure that it is wired in correctly. If the Focus Fordelectric sunroof switch does cease to function it will be necessary to close the sunroof manually to prevent possible weather damage and to keep the vehicle secure.
Ford Focus trivia
- Ford had to fight to use the name Focus, after a publisher in Germany, Herbert Burda Media, sued over the naming. That's because they had a magazine being published called Focus. The court declared in Ford's favour, and the Ford Focus was officially given a name.
- One of the later versions of the Ford Focus, the ST, was designed using the engine of a Mustang.
- Ken Block, an impressive five-time medal winner at the X-Games, as well as being a rally racer, helped Ford to develop the 2016 Ford Focus RS.
- Famed for its rally performance, the Ford Focus has also won the SCCA Speed World Challenge Touring Car Series. The Focus TC 2000 won in 2003, 2005, 2010, and 2012.
- Although the total number of Ford vehicles owned in the UK has dropped slightly since its peak in 2013, there are still 1.2 million Ford Focus cars that are registered in the country. That makes it one of the most popular cars in Britain.