Used Ford Focus Carb Mountings
All used Ford Focus Carb Mountings listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices or used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Ford Focus from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Carb Mountings
The Carburettor is mounted on Focus Ford carb mountings which are designed to act as a sealant, holding the carb firmly in position and perfectly aligned. The carb mountings are usually a flange/plate used with circular rubber seals to create a soft, secure fix between the carb and the mount.
The Focus Ford carb mountings function to strengthen the holding of the carb to the intake manifold and to keep it in the right position, as well as absorbing vibrations and noise from the engine.
The carb has the important job of ensuring the right amount of air and fuel mix is provided to the cylinders in the engine in order for combustion to take place and for the engine to perform at its best. The Carburettor is essentially a pipe through which the air needed for combustion travels. The carb narrows in the middle which causes the pressure in the air, as it flows through the carb, to drop at this point, creating a vacuum which sucks the fuel in. It works by using valves, referred to as the choke and throttle, which take in the right amount of air and fuel which is mixed in the carb before it is sent to the engine.
Carb mountings will wear over time and can become brittle and cracked. Warped carb mountings can lead to a vacuum leak. Replacing this part when it has failed with Focus Ford carb mountings will ensure perfect compatibility, specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle.
Ford Focus trivia
- The original name for the Ford Focus was the Ford Fusion. It was only when the car went into production that the name change to Focus was confirmed, although Ford has used the Fusion name since then for a different model.
- Famed for its rally performance, the Ford Focus has also won the SCCA Speed World Challenge Touring Car Series. The Focus TC 2000 won in 2003, 2005, 2010, and 2012.
- Between its launch in 1998 and now, an estimated 12 million people own a Ford Focus.
- The first Focus World Rally Car was entered into the 1999 Monte Carlo Rally, with Colin McRae and Simon Jean-Joseph behind the wheel of two specially designed cars. Unfortunately, the Focus was found to have a water pump that was not allowed, and the Focus team was excluded from the event (although they returned for the Safari Rally later that year and won).
- Ken Block, an impressive five-time medal winner at the X-Games, as well as being a rally racer, helped Ford to develop the 2016 Ford Focus RS.