Used Ford Galaxy Cruise Control Vacuum Pump
All used Ford Galaxy Cruise Control Vacuum Pump listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Galaxy are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Cruise Control Vacuum Pump
The Galaxy Ford cruise control vacuum pump is a small electric motor-driven pump which works with the car's ECU (Electronic Control Unit) to provide the extra vacuum required for the car's cruise control system to operate.
The Galaxy Ford cruise control vacuum pump is usually located in the left front corner of the engine compartment and is connected to a vacuum line running from the pump to the inside of the car.
When the accelerator pedal is pressed, the Galaxy Ford cruise control vacuum pump is activated. The cruise control vacuum pump works by creating a vacuum in the actuator, which operates the throttle valve. The throttle valve regulates the flow of air and fuel into the engine and ultimately the speed the car travels at. So the cruise control on the car takes charge of this process and, with the vacuum produced by the vacuum pump, manages the flow of air into the engine and in turn the speed of the car. Once the car has reached the desired pre-set speed, the cruise control system will maintain this constant speed and the Galaxy Ford cruise control vacuum pump shuts off.
The Galaxy Ford cruise control vacuum pump has several components that can fail over time, including the electric motor. If this part malfunctions it's imperative that you replace it with a Galaxy Ford cruise control vacuum pump that will be compatible with the make and model of your car.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- In the TV show Outnumbered, starring Hugh Dennis and Claire Skinner with the three unscripted children, the stressed family exchanged their Vauxhall Zafira for a second-generation Ford Galaxy.
- As well as having Home Safe Lighting and a Quickclear heated windscreen, the Ford Galaxy also comes with a cooled passenger glove box. Cooled!
- The Ford Galaxy was named the best used car in the MPV category by the experts at What Car?
- In the 2016 film 20th Century Women, starring Annette Benning, Billy Crudup, and Elle Fanning, there is a continuity mistake involving a Ford Galaxy. In one scene, the car is seen on fire, but depending on the shot and angle, the damage seems to appear and disappear mysteriously.
- The MKII Galaxy had three options for the trims: the Edge, Ghia, and Zetec levels. Eventually, a fourth trim option was offered: Titanium.