Used Ford Galaxy Air Flow Meter
All used Ford Galaxy Air Flow Meter listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Galaxy are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Air Flow Meter
The Galaxy Ford air flow meter is an electronic air flow sensor, also referred to as an air flow sensor, which measures air flow; the mass of air which is flowing through the engine of a car, and is an important part of the Engine Control Unit (ECU). The Galaxy Ford air flow meter has an important part to play in the overall performance, power and efficiency of the engine.
The Galaxy Ford air flow meter is usually found in the plastic housing between the engine and the air filter.
An engine needs the correct amount of air and fuel flowing through it in order for the fuel to burn in the cylinders and for the engine to ignite or spark at the right time. If the ignition sparks at the wrong time, there will be less power in the engine and it will try to make up for this by using more fuel, which reduces fuel efficiency, and in turn increases CO2 emissions. The Galaxy Ford air flow meter works by measuring the air flow and sending these measurements to the car's ECU which, based on these measurements, will control the amount of fuel flowing into the engine at the point at which the ignition sparks.
The Galaxy Ford air flow meter will eventually stop functioning as well. When this happens, the performance of your engine is likely to be affected and engine emissions will be higher. A fault in the Galaxy Ford air flow meter will cause the Check Engine light to show on the dashboard to indicate a malfunction with the Galaxy Ford air flow meter. A broken air flow meter can sometimes prevent a car from idling properly (the ability for a car's engine to run while it is not moving) and may cause the engine to splutter and stall. If there is a fault with the Galaxy Ford air flow meter a replacement Galaxy Ford air flow meter should be purchased.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- When What Car? reviewed the Ford Galaxy, they awarded it four stars out of five, and said that it was more “fun to drive than most MPVs.”
- In the UK there is a dedicated Ford Galaxy Owners Club!
- Not only has the Ford Galaxy received a five-star adult safety rating from Euro NCAP, but it also received a strong four stars for child and passenger safety too.
- As well as having Home Safe Lighting and a Quickclear heated windscreen, the Ford Galaxy also comes with a cooled passenger glove box. Cooled!
- Sharing a many of its design elements with the Ford Mondeo, the Galaxy has been built alongside the Ford S-Max since 2006.