Used Ford Galaxy Air Intake Pipe
All used Ford Galaxy Air Intake Pipe listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Galaxy are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Air Intake Pipe
The Galaxy Ford intake pipe is a simple yet crucial part of the car's air intake system. It allows air to enter the car's air intake system into the Galaxy Ford air filter box which then filters the air before it reaches the engine.
The Galaxy Ford air intake pipe is usually found in the plastic housing between the engine and the air filter. It is attached to the Galaxy Ford air flow sensor which is attached to the Galaxy Ford air filter box.
It is vital that the engine is supplied with the correct amount of clean, filtered air. Air needs to be as clean as possible before it mixes with the fuel and burns in the cylinders of the engine. The Galaxy Ford air intake pipe plays a part in this process by allowing the air to enter the air intake system, enabling it to be filtered, which improves the overall performance of the engine, enabling it to function at its best.
The Galaxy Ford air intake pipe is made of plastic and can wear down over time and can also crack and split, which enables dirt and other unwanted debris to enter the engine and potentially cause damage. It is common for an old air intake pipe to distort, crack and leak and if you notice your car is lacking in performance and using more fuel, it could be a sign that the Galaxy Ford air intake pipe is broken. You may be able to repair the Galaxy Ford air intake pipe if there is a slight crack but if it is a big crack or the pipe is really warped due to old age you will need to replace this part with a new Galaxy Ford air intake pipe.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- In 1998, 12,233 people purchased a Ford Galaxy, despite Top Gear magazine calling it the ‘least satisfying car in the UK.” It still outsold its nearest competitor by more than double and was named the best-selling MPV in the UK.
- Although it has been in production since 1995, the Ford Galaxy has been through some name changes. It has been sold under the names Sharan and Alhambra, thanks to the fact that the Ford Galaxy was originally designed by Volkswagen (it was not until the 2006 redesign that Ford made the Galaxy).
- Not only has the Ford Galaxy received a five-star adult safety rating from Euro NCAP, but it also received a strong four stars for child and passenger safety too.
- Sharing a many of its design elements with the Ford Mondeo, the Galaxy has been built alongside the Ford S-Max since 2006.
- Three Brits once drove a Ford Galaxy from France to a race in Prague but got stopped and detained on the way. That is because they had painted the car to look like a tank, and even added a plywood turret and a drainpipe to act as the ‘gun’. The three men had only paid £500 for the Galaxy, which was confiscated by German police.