Used Ford Galaxy Alternator
All used Ford Galaxy Alternator listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Galaxy are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
Galaxy Ford alternators work in conjunction with the battery to produce power for the electrical parts of the car. Galaxy Ford alternators function by turning the mechanical action of the car’s turning drive shaft into electricity. They do this through the use of rapidly-spinning magnets. This magnetic field in turn produces an electrical current, which is used to power the car electrics. The Galaxy Ford alternator is also essential for re-charging the car battery, ready to provide the spark necessary to start the car next time.
Alternators are generally quite small in size (a similar size to a roll of toilet paper) don't weigh much and are usually located at the front of the engine.
Usually most modern Galaxy Ford alternators are maintenance-free and may have a lifespan of a decade or more. Eventually, however, these rapidly-moving car parts start to wear out, made worse over time by dirt and extremes of heat and cold. At best you might experience lights that dim sometimes, or warning lights temporarily flashing on your dashboard. More seriously, a battery that is not being fully charged during motion may mean that your car is difficult to start, or that the ignition fails completely.
In some cases, such problems are put down to an older battery, but more often than not the real culprit is the alternator which is not successfully charging the battery. Check the voltage on your car which should be around 14 volts. Anything less than this and it is likely that the Galaxy Ford alternator is worn out and will need replacing.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- Although it has been in production since 1995, the Ford Galaxy has been through some name changes. It has been sold under the names Sharan and Alhambra, thanks to the fact that the Ford Galaxy was originally designed by Volkswagen (it was not until the 2006 redesign that Ford made the Galaxy).
- When Prince Harry wanted to introduce his girlfriend (and future wife) to the Queen, he rocked up to the private entrance of Buckingham Palace in a blacked-out Ford Galaxy.
- The Ford Galaxy was the first MPV to be sold and marketed by Ford outside of the US.
- It takes six hours to build a Ford Galaxy front start to finish.
- The MKII Galaxy had three options for the trims: the Edge, Ghia, and Zetec levels. Eventually, a fourth trim option was offered: Titanium.