Used Ford Galaxy Central Locking Relay
All used Ford Galaxy Central Locking Relay listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Galaxy are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Central Locking Relay
The Galaxy Ford central locking relay is a key part of the electronic central locking mechanism on a vehicle. This system is complex, and consists of various actuators and relays. Power is sent to the Galaxy Ford central locking relay from the battery, via a fuse. The relay then sends this power to the actuator, and the actuator opens the door lock switch. To close, the polarity is reversed. The Galaxy Ford central locking relay is usually located in the driverside door behind the door trim.
Because of its position, it’s possible the Galaxy Ford central locking relay may get wet as a result of localised rust. This will cause the Galaxy Ford central locking relay to malfunction, and will need to be replaced. Other damage to the Galaxy Ford central locking relay can be caused by faulty wiring. If there is an issue with the Galaxy Ford central locking relay, or any other part of the central locking system you will be unable to operate the central locking system. This means that you will be unable to lock or unlock doors causing potential security issues. It’s therefore important to repair any central locking issues as a matter of urgency.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- Sharing a many of its design elements with the Ford Mondeo, the Galaxy has been built alongside the Ford S-Max since 2006.
- There are six Ford Galaxy models that have been customised and turned into mini cinemas. The seating was removed and replaced with cinema seats, and a huge screen with additional speakers was installed. The cars were then taken around the UK by Hertz and showed movies to the general public.
- Although it has been in production since 1995, the Ford Galaxy has been through some name changes. It has been sold under the names Sharan and Alhambra, thanks to the fact that the Ford Galaxy was originally designed by Volkswagen (it was not until the 2006 redesign that Ford made the Galaxy).
- Three Brits once drove a Ford Galaxy from France to a race in Prague but got stopped and detained on the way. That is because they had painted the car to look like a tank, and even added a plywood turret and a drainpipe to act as the ‘gun’. The three men had only paid £500 for the Galaxy, which was confiscated by German police.
- In the TV show Outnumbered, starring Hugh Dennis and Claire Skinner with the three unscripted children, the stressed family exchanged their Vauxhall Zafira for a second-generation Ford Galaxy.