Used Ford Galaxy ECU
All used Ford Galaxy ECU listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Galaxy are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
What is the ECU/what does it do?
The term ECU (Electronic Control Unit) is a universal name given to a variety of electronic control systems found in a car. Collectively they make up the car's computer or brain which controls and regulates key components of the vehicle.
Getting into the details of the ECU
ECU’s are located within the dashboard or engine bay. It is often possible to ‘read’ or interrogate your car's various ECU’s using a laptop computer with relevant software and cable or a dedicated reader via a connection port which is usually located in the dashboard. This method is used by mechanics for diagnosis of certain vehicle faults.
An ECU controls or governs aspects of a car's systems including, but not limited to, the engine, ABS, suspension, automatic gearbox and power steering.
What if something goes wrong with the ECU?
Like any electronic component an ECU can fail for a number of reasons including short circuits, dry solder joints, water damage or age. Diagnosis is generally much easier with the correct reader which can be used to obtain error codes from ECU.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- It takes six hours to build a Ford Galaxy front start to finish.
- Although it has been in production since 1995, the Ford Galaxy has been through some name changes. It has been sold under the names Sharan and Alhambra, thanks to the fact that the Ford Galaxy was originally designed by Volkswagen (it was not until the 2006 redesign that Ford made the Galaxy).
- Not only has the Ford Galaxy received a five-star adult safety rating from Euro NCAP, but it also received a strong four stars for child and passenger safety too.
- Sharing a many of its design elements with the Ford Mondeo, the Galaxy has been built alongside the Ford S-Max since 2006.
- There are six Ford Galaxy models that have been customised and turned into mini cinemas. The seating was removed and replaced with cinema seats, and a huge screen with additional speakers was installed. The cars were then taken around the UK by Hertz and showed movies to the general public.