Used Ford Galaxy Carb Mountings
All used Ford Galaxy Carb Mountings listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Galaxy are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Carb Mountings
The Carburettor is mounted on Galaxy Ford carb mountings which are designed to act as a sealant, holding the carb firmly in position and perfectly aligned. The carb mountings are usually a flange/plate used with circular rubber seals to create a soft, secure fix between the carb and the mount.
The Galaxy Ford carb mountings function to strengthen the holding of the carb to the intake manifold and to keep it in the right position, as well as absorbing vibrations and noise from the engine.
The carb has the important job of ensuring the right amount of air and fuel mix is provided to the cylinders in the engine in order for combustion to take place and for the engine to perform at its best. The Carburettor is essentially a pipe through which the air needed for combustion travels. The carb narrows in the middle which causes the pressure in the air, as it flows through the carb, to drop at this point, creating a vacuum which sucks the fuel in. It works by using valves, referred to as the choke and throttle, which take in the right amount of air and fuel which is mixed in the carb before it is sent to the engine.
Carb mountings will wear over time and can become brittle and cracked. Warped carb mountings can lead to a vacuum leak. Replacing this part when it has failed with Galaxy Ford carb mountings will ensure perfect compatibility, specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- When Prince Harry wanted to introduce his girlfriend (and future wife) to the Queen, he rocked up to the private entrance of Buckingham Palace in a blacked-out Ford Galaxy.
- In the 2016 film 20th Century Women, starring Annette Benning, Billy Crudup, and Elle Fanning, there is a continuity mistake involving a Ford Galaxy. In one scene, the car is seen on fire, but depending on the shot and angle, the damage seems to appear and disappear mysteriously.
- The Ford Galaxy was named the best used car in the MPV category by the experts at What Car?
- There are six Ford Galaxy models that have been customised and turned into mini cinemas. The seating was removed and replaced with cinema seats, and a huge screen with additional speakers was installed. The cars were then taken around the UK by Hertz and showed movies to the general public.
- Three Brits once drove a Ford Galaxy from France to a race in Prague but got stopped and detained on the way. That is because they had painted the car to look like a tank, and even added a plywood turret and a drainpipe to act as the ‘gun’. The three men had only paid £500 for the Galaxy, which was confiscated by German police.