Used Ford Galaxy EGR Gasket
All used Ford Galaxy EGR Gasket listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Galaxy are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About EGR Gasket
The Galaxy Ford EGR gasket functions to act as a sealant to the EGR valve, ensuring a tight seal is maintained between the EGR valve and the engine.
An EGR valve (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) is fitted to reduce a car's Nitrogen Oxide emissions. It does this by recirculating some of the engine's exhaust gas back into the engine as this helps to reduce the combustion temperature and therefore the amount of Nitrogen Oxide produced by the engine.
The EGR valve is located between the exhaust and inlet manifold usually on the back of the engine. Often made of rubber or an asbestos mix, sandwiched between the EGR valve and the manifolds, acting as a sealant, is the EGR gasket. The EGR valve is responsible for recirculating or re directing exhaust gases back into the engine through the inlet manifold. The EGR valve is generally controlled or regulated by pressure or VAC lines to ensure that it is opened and closed at the correct time.
The EGR gasket can become worn over time and if frayed, ripped, or falling apart it should be replaced as soon as possible. If there is a problem with the EGR system, the Check Engine warning light should illuminate on the dashboard. Signs of a faulty EGR gasket can include an engine that struggles when idling; a stuttering, shaking engine; an engine that is stalling; and a loss of power when accelerating. To be certain the exact cause of the fault is properly diagnosed it is always a good idea to seek the advice of your mechanic. When replacing this part, choosing to fit the Galaxy Ford EGR gasket will guarantee you get a part that is completely compatible with the make and model of your vehicle.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- In the TV show Outnumbered, starring Hugh Dennis and Claire Skinner with the three unscripted children, the stressed family exchanged their Vauxhall Zafira for a second-generation Ford Galaxy.
- In the 2016 film 20th Century Women, starring Annette Benning, Billy Crudup, and Elle Fanning, there is a continuity mistake involving a Ford Galaxy. In one scene, the car is seen on fire, but depending on the shot and angle, the damage seems to appear and disappear mysteriously.
- The Ford Galaxy was the first MPV to be sold and marketed by Ford outside of the US.
- The Ford Galaxy was named the best used car in the MPV category by the experts at What Car?
- As well as having Home Safe Lighting and a Quickclear heated windscreen, the Ford Galaxy also comes with a cooled passenger glove box. Cooled!