Used Ford Galaxy Thermostat
All used Ford Galaxy Thermostat listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Galaxy are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
Part of the car's engine cooling system, the Galaxy Ford thermostat has an important part to play in ensuring the engine stays at the right temperature for optimum performance, power and efficiency. The thermostat functions to prevent the movement of liquid coolant into the radiator until the engine has reached the correct temperature and allows the coolant to flow into the radiator when the engine needs cooling down.
The Galaxy Ford thermostat lies between the engine and the radiator in the thermostat housing, sealed tightly with the thermostat housing gasket.
The thermostat, based on the temperature of the engine, will either open or close, acting as a valve, enabling or preventing the coolant to flow into the radiator. If the temperature of the engine is too cold, the thermostat remains shut, keeping the coolant out of the radiator. If the engine temperature is too hot, the thermostat opens, allowing the coolant to flow in. The thermostat opens to release the flow of coolant into the radiator when the engine has warmed up to the right temperature. By waiting until the engine is fully warmed up before releasing the coolant, the thermostat is enabling the engine to warm up as quickly as possible, which helps the engine to perform better and helps to reduce wear and tear on engine components, prevent deposits and reduce harmful emissions. The thermostat functions to stop the car engine from overheating, by opening to enable coolant to travel into the radiator.
A sign of a failed thermostat is an engine that overheats or an engine that doesn't reach the right heat for correct engine operation. The thermostat can get stuck open or stuck in the closed position. A faulty thermostat should be addressed as soon as possible as this component is crucial to maintaining correct engine temperature, and therefore vital for running the engine. Consulting with your mechanic to make sure the correct fault has been found is a good idea. When replacing this part, choosing to fit a good quality Galaxy Ford thermostat will guarantee compatibility with the make and model of your vehicle.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- There are six Ford Galaxy models that have been customised and turned into mini cinemas. The seating was removed and replaced with cinema seats, and a huge screen with additional speakers was installed. The cars were then taken around the UK by Hertz and showed movies to the general public.
- Three Brits once drove a Ford Galaxy from France to a race in Prague but got stopped and detained on the way. That is because they had painted the car to look like a tank, and even added a plywood turret and a drainpipe to act as the ‘gun’. The three men had only paid £500 for the Galaxy, which was confiscated by German police.
- In the TV show Outnumbered, starring Hugh Dennis and Claire Skinner with the three unscripted children, the stressed family exchanged their Vauxhall Zafira for a second-generation Ford Galaxy.
- The Ford Galaxy was the first MPV to be sold and marketed by Ford outside of the US.
- In the 2016 film 20th Century Women, starring Annette Benning, Billy Crudup, and Elle Fanning, there is a continuity mistake involving a Ford Galaxy. In one scene, the car is seen on fire, but depending on the shot and angle, the damage seems to appear and disappear mysteriously.