Used Ford Galaxy Throttle Body
All used Ford Galaxy Throttle Body listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Galaxy are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Throttle Body
The Galaxy<Model> throttle body is a part of the engine's intake system which regulates the amount of air that is mixed with fuel for combustion.
The Galaxy<Model> throttle body houses a valve or flap know as the throttle plate which opens and closes to regulate airflow into the enginer. This is controlled by movement of the accelerator pedal by the driver although may also have additional input from the engine control unit (ECU).
The Galaxy<Model> throttle body is located on the top of the engine between the airbox/air filter and inlet/intake manifold which are often connected together with rubber, silicone or metal tubing.
Problems can occur with the Galaxy<Model> throttle body due to a build of of dirt or soot causing restrictions in the air flow or movement of the throttle plate.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- Sharing a many of its design elements with the Ford Mondeo, the Galaxy has been built alongside the Ford S-Max since 2006.
- When Prince Harry wanted to introduce his girlfriend (and future wife) to the Queen, he rocked up to the private entrance of Buckingham Palace in a blacked-out Ford Galaxy.
- Although it has been in production since 1995, the Ford Galaxy has been through some name changes. It has been sold under the names Sharan and Alhambra, thanks to the fact that the Ford Galaxy was originally designed by Volkswagen (it was not until the 2006 redesign that Ford made the Galaxy).
- The MKII Galaxy had three options for the trims: the Edge, Ghia, and Zetec levels. Eventually, a fourth trim option was offered: Titanium.
- It takes six hours to build a Ford Galaxy front start to finish.