Find parts for your car
Used Ford Galaxy Exhaust Box
All used Ford Galaxy Exhaust Box listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Galaxy are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Exhaust Box
The exhaust system has the important job of removing the toxic exhaust fumes produced by the engine from the car. It also functions to enhance engine performance, minimise noise produced when driving while improving fuel efficiency. The Galaxy Ford exhaust box is a crucial part of the exhaust system, and its job is to silence the sound produced in the combustion chamber as well as helping to emit the toxic exhaust fumes produced away from the car and the people travelling in the car.
The Galaxy Ford exhaust box is a metal box, fixed to the tail pipe of the exhaust system, containing a setup of tubes and baffles which stops the sound produced in the engine from spreading.
As the sound travels through the Galaxy Ford exhaust box it becomes quieter, reducing the loud sound caused by internal combustion. The toxic exhaust fumes travel through the Galaxy Ford exhaust box before passing into the exhaust pipe through which the fumes travel to reach the tail pipe where they finally leave the vehicle.
The Galaxy Ford exhaust box will eventually need replacing simply due to wear and tear and old age. The usual major issue with any exhaust system is problems caused by rust. Internal components are subject to moisture created by the process of combustion and rainwater can cause corrosion to the exhaust system. The exhaust box is no exception to this. Rust can cause cracks and holes in the exhaust box and eventually it will stop functioning properly. When replacing the exhaust box, purchasing a good quality Galaxy Ford exhaust box, specifically designed for the make and model of your car, will ensure compatibility with your vehicle.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- It takes six hours to build a Ford Galaxy front start to finish.
- Although it has been in production since 1995, the Ford Galaxy has been through some name changes. It has been sold under the names Sharan and Alhambra, thanks to the fact that the Ford Galaxy was originally designed by Volkswagen (it was not until the 2006 redesign that Ford made the Galaxy).
- When What Car? reviewed the Ford Galaxy, they awarded it four stars out of five, and said that it was more “fun to drive than most MPVs.”
- In the UK there is a dedicated Ford Galaxy Owners Club!
- There are six Ford Galaxy models that have been customised and turned into mini cinemas. The seating was removed and replaced with cinema seats, and a huge screen with additional speakers was installed. The cars were then taken around the UK by Hertz and showed movies to the general public.