Used Ford Galaxy Gear Stick
All used Ford Galaxy Gear Stick listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Galaxy are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gear Stick
The Galaxy Ford gear stick is a metal lever that attaches to the gearbox in a manual vehicle. It is usually located between the front passenger and driver seat and is on the left hand side of the driver in a UK standard vehicle and is used by the driver to change gears whilst driving. Some vehicles, particularly those in the United States, have gear sticks that are attached to the steering column.
To operate the Galaxy Ford gear stick, the driver should depress the clutch pedal. This disengages the engine and enables the vehicle to change gears.
On top of the Galaxy Ford gear stick is a gear knob, which has a diagram of the positions of the gears on the top of it for the driver’s convenience. For the driver to change gears he/she has to move the Galaxy Ford gear stick in the relevant directions shown by the diagram. They will feel the gear engaging when the Galaxy Ford gear stick pushes in to place.
Some 4 x 4s use a second Galaxy Ford gear stick which engages another gearbox for off-road terrain.
Problems with the Galaxy Ford gear stick may result in an inability to change gears.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- In the UK there is a dedicated Ford Galaxy Owners Club!
- When What Car? reviewed the Ford Galaxy, they awarded it four stars out of five, and said that it was more “fun to drive than most MPVs.”
- Sharing a many of its design elements with the Ford Mondeo, the Galaxy has been built alongside the Ford S-Max since 2006.
- Three Brits once drove a Ford Galaxy from France to a race in Prague but got stopped and detained on the way. That is because they had painted the car to look like a tank, and even added a plywood turret and a drainpipe to act as the ‘gun’. The three men had only paid £500 for the Galaxy, which was confiscated by German police.
- In the TV show Outnumbered, starring Hugh Dennis and Claire Skinner with the three unscripted children, the stressed family exchanged their Vauxhall Zafira for a second-generation Ford Galaxy.