Used Ford Galaxy Wheel Bearing
All used Ford Galaxy Wheel Bearing listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Galaxy are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Wheel Bearing
A Galaxy Ford wheel bearing is an essential component of the car’s hub assembly and is responsible for the smooth rotation of the wheel on its axle.
Most modern cars use sealed bearings consisting of an inner, central and outer race housing 2 sets of bearings (inner and outer). They are lubricated with high temperature grease and sealed to prevent the ingress of moisture and debris.
The sealed bearing unit is pressed into the centre of the hub assembly.
There are generally 2 types of wheel bearing, roller for driven wheels and race or tapered for non-driven wheels.
Due to the high levels of friction and movement the wheel bearing is prone to wear. This is especially likely when water or debris enters the unit. While sealed bearings are maintenance free older style bearings should be regularly greased to prolong life.
Worn bearings should be replaced as soon as possible to prevent additional wear to other components of the vehicle including tyres, hub assembly and suspension.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- When What Car? reviewed the Ford Galaxy, they awarded it four stars out of five, and said that it was more “fun to drive than most MPVs.”
- The Ford Galaxy was the first MPV to be sold and marketed by Ford outside of the US.
- Although it has been in production since 1995, the Ford Galaxy has been through some name changes. It has been sold under the names Sharan and Alhambra, thanks to the fact that the Ford Galaxy was originally designed by Volkswagen (it was not until the 2006 redesign that Ford made the Galaxy).
- Not only has the Ford Galaxy received a five-star adult safety rating from Euro NCAP, but it also received a strong four stars for child and passenger safety too.
- Sharing a many of its design elements with the Ford Mondeo, the Galaxy has been built alongside the Ford S-Max since 2006.