Used Ford Galaxy Fog Lamp Surround
All used Ford Galaxy Fog Lamp Surround listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Galaxy are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Fog Lamp Surround
The Galaxy Ford fog lamp surround is situated on the front and rear of the vehicle. This surround can be a plastic moulded panel, chrome or stainless steel component that fits around the fog lamp to hold it in place and protect it from damage. The surrounds come in various different shapes and sizes depending on the manufacturer and the size of the fog lamp, and some are body coloured to blend in seamlessly with the rest of the vehicle.
Some people find that they do not like the appearance of fog lamps on their vehicle and so choose to remove the fog lamps and fog lamp surrounds. If this is done, the area that is left can be covered with a blanking plate. The Galaxy Ford fog lamp surrounds are fastened to the rear of the bumper, so this may need to be removed to remove the surrounds.
Some people also prefer to customise their Galaxy Ford fog lamp surrounds by spray painting them a contrasting colour to the rest of the vehicles’ bodywork to create an individual appearance.
Galaxy Ford fog lamp surround damage is rare, but should be replaced if damage occurs to prevent fog light issues.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- Not only has the Ford Galaxy received a five-star adult safety rating from Euro NCAP, but it also received a strong four stars for child and passenger safety too.
- In the TV show Outnumbered, starring Hugh Dennis and Claire Skinner with the three unscripted children, the stressed family exchanged their Vauxhall Zafira for a second-generation Ford Galaxy.
- In the 2016 film 20th Century Women, starring Annette Benning, Billy Crudup, and Elle Fanning, there is a continuity mistake involving a Ford Galaxy. In one scene, the car is seen on fire, but depending on the shot and angle, the damage seems to appear and disappear mysteriously.
- The Ford Galaxy was the first MPV to be sold and marketed by Ford outside of the US.
- As well as having Home Safe Lighting and a Quickclear heated windscreen, the Ford Galaxy also comes with a cooled passenger glove box. Cooled!