Used Ford Galaxy Ball Joint
All used Ford Galaxy Ball Joint listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices or used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Ford Galaxy from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Ball Joint
Ball joints are a vital part of a car’s suspension and steering systems. They connect the wheel hub to the vehicle’s suspension. The ball joints are able to move horizontally and vertically and to rotate, allowing the car to be steered and providing shock absorption for a comfortable ride.
The ball joint consists of a polished metal ball encased by a polished metal cage, with a rubber boot covering the joint to keep the grease in and any dirt and other impurities out. Ball joints are almost always used in the front suspension only, although, in some high performance cars, they are also used in the rear suspension.
Cars can have two or four ball joints on the front wheels. If the car has McPherson struts, it only has two ball joints, which are positioned at the bottom of the wheel hub. If it has shocks and springs, it has both upper and lower ball joints. Some ball joints are load bearing, carrying the car’s weight, whilst others are non-load bearing.
Ball joints do wear over time, especially load bearing joints. If the rubber casing fails and grease leaks out or dirt gets into the joint, wear is likely to be accelerated.
Signs of a failing ball joint are the presence of a banging sound when the car goes over a bump, sloppy or stiff steering, a vibrating steering wheel or tyre wear on the outer or inner edge of the tyre.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- In the UK there is a dedicated Ford Galaxy Owners Club!
- The MKII Galaxy had three options for the trims: the Edge, Ghia, and Zetec levels. Eventually, a fourth trim option was offered: Titanium.
- In the TV show Outnumbered, starring Hugh Dennis and Claire Skinner with the three unscripted children, the stressed family exchanged their Vauxhall Zafira for a second-generation Ford Galaxy.
- The Ford Galaxy was named the best used car in the MPV category by the experts at What Car?
- As well as having Home Safe Lighting and a Quickclear heated windscreen, the Ford Galaxy also comes with a cooled passenger glove box. Cooled!