Used Ford Galaxy Screen Washer Bottle Motor
All used Ford Galaxy Screen Washer Bottle Motor listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Galaxy are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Screen Washer Bottle Motor
The Galaxy Ford screenwasher bottle or reservoir is a container, usually moulded plastic, which sits in the engine compartment and holds between 1-2 litres of screenwash. By activating the screenwash motor a pump will send screenwash from the bottle to the screenwash jets and from there onto the windscreen. The position of the screenwasher bottle in the engine compartment may vary so it may be useful to check the vehicle handbook. The Galaxy Ford bottle usually has a blue cap and should have a stamp on it showing a graphic of the windscreen wipers with drops of water underneath it. To fill the screenwasher bottle, remove the cap and pour a mixture of screenwash and clean water into the bottle with a jug and funnel until the upper limit is reached.
There is a variety of screenwash available to mix with water when filling the screenwasher bottle. Most Galaxy Ford will have anti-freeze in to stop the mixture freezing in cold weather and water-softener which will help to keep the plastic tubes and jets clean. All screenwash is specifically formulated to clear road grime, debris and insects from the windscreen.
If your Galaxy Ford screenwash doesn’t come out of the jets when the stick-lever is operated it can mean that the filter in the screenwasher pump is clogged with debris.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- As well as having Home Safe Lighting and a Quickclear heated windscreen, the Ford Galaxy also comes with a cooled passenger glove box. Cooled!
- It takes six hours to build a Ford Galaxy front start to finish.
- In 1998, 12,233 people purchased a Ford Galaxy, despite Top Gear magazine calling it the ‘least satisfying car in the UK.” It still outsold its nearest competitor by more than double and was named the best-selling MPV in the UK.
- When Prince Harry wanted to introduce his girlfriend (and future wife) to the Queen, he rocked up to the private entrance of Buckingham Palace in a blacked-out Ford Galaxy.
- In the TV show Outnumbered, starring Hugh Dennis and Claire Skinner with the three unscripted children, the stressed family exchanged their Vauxhall Zafira for a second-generation Ford Galaxy.