Used Ford Mondeo Door Mirror Cable
All used Ford Mondeo Door Mirror Cable listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Mondeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Mirror Cable
The Mondeo Ford door mirror cable is a strong, plastic coated cable which is attached to the wing mirror and is used to adjust the positioning of the mirror to enable the driver to see other objects on the road and assist with moving from one lane to another.
In a manual door mirror operation, this flexible cable is attached to the door interior and is controlled by a lever to adjust the mirror. In an electric door mirror system, this cable consists of a series of wires that are covered with a protective plastic coating and is attached to the vehicles power supply. The Mondeo Ford door mirror cable in this case controls two motors which allow the mirror to move up and down and sideways. As with the manual door mirrors, these are operated by a switch inside the vehicle.
If a manual Mondeo Ford door mirror cable is damaged, the driver will be unable to move the door mirror. The driver may also notice that the lever controlling the mirror moves more easily than usual. In the case of an electric mirror failure, this could be caused by a wiring fault.
Ford Mondeo trivia
- When the Mondeo went on sale in the UK in 1993, it had gone through six years of development and had a production price tag of £3 billion. At the time, that made it the single most expensive car ever produced. Fortunately, the spending paid off.
- By 2014, 4.5 million Mondeos had been sold already.
- The Ford Mondeo features in the James Bond film Casino Royale, where it’s driven by Daniel Craig’s Bond. This was the world debut of the Ford Mondeo 2.5-litre ST model, and it can still be seen in the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu as part of the James Bond Experience. Images of the car were leaked by journalists during filming, which annoyed Ford greatly.
- The Mark III Mondeo, launched in 2000, quickly gained a name as one of the best cars in the UK. It won the WhatCar? award and Top Gear Car of the Year, and was praised for its safety features, the high-quality interiors, and its exceptional handling.
- Football announcing legend John Motson loves a good Ford. He’s had five so far, with his current one being a black Ford Mondeo.