Used Ford Mondeo Fuel Cap
All used Ford Mondeo Fuel Cap listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Mondeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Fuel Cap
The Mondeo Ford fuel cap is a small cap that covers the hole where you put the fuel into a vehicle. The fuel cap protects and covers the top of the pipe that connects to the fuel tank.
Usually made of plastic, fuel caps usually just clip or press into place over the opening. The fuel cap can be located on either side of the vehicle, towards the back, often on the quarter panel or rear wing.
The Mondeo Ford fuel cap serves to prevent dirt, dust and other unwanted debris from entering the fuel pipe and potentially clogging up and damaging the fuel filters. It also functions to stop fuel from spilling, leaking and evaporating out of the vehicle. The Mondeo Ford fuel cap also prevents others from accessing your fuel supply and siphoning the fuel.
Usual reasons for replacing this part is damage to or loss of the original fuel cap. Warped and badly fitting fuel caps won't function properly and will need to be replaced. Purchasing a Mondeo Ford fuel cap will ensure the part fits perfectly with the make and model of your vehicle.
Ford Mondeo trivia
- The Ford Mondeo was released in 1992 and won the European Car of the Year in 1994, thanks to its focus on driver and passenger safety. It was the first car to introduce a driver’s airbag as standard.
- The Ford Mondeo did not do well in the US, despite some mad promotions (including a drive from London to New York via the Bering Strait). Perhaps it was the fact that the Mondeo was renamed the Contour in the States? In Europe, however, drivers were queuing up outside showrooms to get their hands on one.
- If you lived through the run-up to the 1997 General Election, then you probably remember the name Mondeo-Man. It referred to a specific class of voters: those who grew up working class but had become middle class. The focus on Mondeo-Man is considered one of the reasons for a Labour landslide win.
- The Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi is known for its responsiveness and is almost legendary for its overtaking ability. It can go from 0-60mph in just 9.5 seconds.
- The Mark III Mondeo, launched in 2000, quickly gained a name as one of the best cars in the UK. It won the WhatCar? award and Top Gear Car of the Year, and was praised for its safety features, the high-quality interiors, and its exceptional handling.