Used Ford Mondeo A Post
All used Ford Mondeo A Post listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Mondeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About A Post
The posts in a vehicle are the almost vertical structural pillars that support the window, door and roof area of a car and connect the roof of the vehicle with the base of the frame. These supporting posts are labelled A post, B post and C post. In larger cars there is also a D Post.
Usually steel or alumnium, the posts in a car are solid structures, which are welded at one end to the car's frame and at the other to the roof panel and are positioned between the windows or doors. The Mondeo Ford A post is the pillar at the front end of the car, supporting the windscreen and front door/window. The specific design of the A post will vary depending on the design of the car. Some A posts have been manufactured to be slimmer and tapered to help improve the driver's line of sight. The A post on the car interior is usually upholstered with cloth, leather or suede to match the rest of the car's interior design.
Supporting the vehicle's roof and door, the Mondeo Ford A post plays an important role structurally in the overall safety of the car and its occupants. The A posts have a vital role to play in a collision by adding structure to and protecting the passenger area of the car, preventing it from crumpling, while absorbing some of the impact of a side collision.
A common reason for A post replacement is damage received in an accident. Buying a new Mondeo Ford A post will give you a part that's compatible with the make and model of your vehicle, ensuring this important structural body part can perform properly.
Ford Mondeo trivia
- Famed in Motorsport, the Mondeo has also emerged victorious at the FIA World Touring Car Cup (twice) in the 90s. It is also a regular sight in UK banger races and the Argentina Top Race series.
- The Ford Mondeo was released in 1992 and won the European Car of the Year in 1994, thanks to its focus on driver and passenger safety. It was the first car to introduce a driver’s airbag as standard.
- The Ford Mondeo features in the James Bond film Casino Royale, where it’s driven by Daniel Craig’s Bond. This was the world debut of the Ford Mondeo 2.5-litre ST model, and it can still be seen in the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu as part of the James Bond Experience. Images of the car were leaked by journalists during filming, which annoyed Ford greatly.
- By 2014, 4.5 million Mondeos had been sold already.
- When the Mondeo went on sale in the UK in 1993, it had gone through six years of development and had a production price tag of £3 billion. At the time, that made it the single most expensive car ever produced. Fortunately, the spending paid off.