Used Ford Mondeo Tail Gate Struts
All used Ford Mondeo Tail Gate Struts listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Mondeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Tail Gate Struts
The Mondeo Ford tail gate struts are rods which form part of the framework of the tail gate on the vehicle and are used to hold the tailgate/rear boot up and in place when it 's open.
The Mondeo Ford tail gate struts are positioned on either side of the boot so that the boot lid is held in place evenly and, with the action of hinges, opens outwards.
The Mondeo Ford tail gate struts use a gas spring mechanism to work, which uses gas inside a cylinder, compressed by a piston, to apply force, which keeps the strut rigid and extended and able to support the weight of the boot while it's open. This mechanism also helps to make opening the boot a smooth and easy operation. The internal mechanisms are housed in a rod which is sealed in an outer casing.
Loss of gas is the usual cause of failure in the Mondeo Ford tail gate struts. Damage can occur to the seal, enabling gas to leak out every time the boot is open, i.e. every time the tail gate struts open and shut. Faulty or broken Mondeo Ford tail gate struts may mean that the boot is hard to open, won't stay open fully or just slams shut again. When replacing the tail gate struts on your vehicle, buying new Mondeo Ford tail gate struts will ensure perfect compatibility with the make and model of your car. It's advisable to replace both sides of the tail gate struts at the same time to make sure the pressure is balanced and equal in both struts.
Ford Mondeo trivia
- Although the Mk1 and MKII Mondeos were regular sights in the British Touring Car Championship, it wasn’t until their final year of competing in 2000 that they won. The 2000 team, led by the legendary Alain Menu, owned the competition for the whole season, and not only came first in the competition but second and third as well.
- By 2014, 4.5 million Mondeos had been sold already.
- The Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi is known for its responsiveness and is almost legendary for its overtaking ability. It can go from 0-60mph in just 9.5 seconds.
- The Ford Mondeo was released in 1992 and won the European Car of the Year in 1994, thanks to its focus on driver and passenger safety. It was the first car to introduce a driver’s airbag as standard.
- The Ford Mondeo did not do well in the US, despite some mad promotions (including a drive from London to New York via the Bering Strait). Perhaps it was the fact that the Mondeo was renamed the Contour in the States? In Europe, however, drivers were queuing up outside showrooms to get their hands on one.