Used Ford Mondeo Central Locking ECU
All used Ford Mondeo Central Locking ECU listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Mondeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Central Locking ECU
A Mondeo<Model> central locking ECU (Electronic Control Unit) is a microcomputer or brain responsible for management and control of a car’s central locking and security system. All locking components including the lock mechanisms, lock barrels, lock levers, actuators, remote sensors and other lock controls are electrically connected to the ECU, allowing it to regulate and control the overall state of the system. The central locking ECU may also control electric window closure, vehicle immobiliser and alarm system.
A Mondeo<Model> central locking ECU is located within the dashboard or engine bay. It is generally possible to ‘read’ or interrogate the central locking ECU using a laptop computer with relevant software and cable or a dedicated reader via a connection port usually located in the dashboard. This is the best method for diagnosis of central locking faults.
Like any electronic component an ECU can fail for a number of reasons including short circuits, dry solder joints, water damage or age. Diagnosis is generally much easier with the correct reader which can be used to obtain error codes from the ECU.
Ford Mondeo trivia
- By 2014, 4.5 million Mondeos had been sold already.
- If you lived through the run-up to the 1997 General Election, then you probably remember the name Mondeo-Man. It referred to a specific class of voters: those who grew up working class but had become middle class. The focus on Mondeo-Man is considered one of the reasons for a Labour landslide win.
- Football announcing legend John Motson loves a good Ford. He’s had five so far, with his current one being a black Ford Mondeo.
- Former F1 driver and F1 champion Nigel Mansell had a famous crash in a Mondeo while racing at Donnington.
- We know it as the Mondeo, but in other countries, the car is called the Contour, the Fusion, or the Mercury Mystique. Incidentally, the word Mondeo comes from the Latin word for World!