Used Ford Mondeo Diesel Injector Pump
All used Ford Mondeo Diesel Injector Pump listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Mondeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Diesel Injector Pump
The engine is the power machine of a car, literally converting energy, in the form of fuel, into movement, and is known as an internal combustion engine. The engine is made up of several components that all work together to enable combustion to occur and in turn the car to move. The Mondeo Ford diesel injector pump functions to pump diesel from the fuel tank into the cylinders of a diesel engine.
Located within the fuel tank, the Mondeo Ford diesel injector pump is an electronic device which delivers fuel under high pressure to meet the demands of the fuel injection engine. Working in conjunction with a computerised control unit, the diesel injector pump feeds the fuel into the engine while ensuring the correct level of pressure is applied to inject the right amount of fuel into the engine at the right time.
The diesel injector pump works by spraying a light mist of fuel into the chambers of the engine, controlled by the computerised control unit, which manages the timing of this process. The injectors are fitted close to the inlet manifold, one for each cylinder, and are all calibrated (adjusted) to equally spray a mist of fuel into the intake of each cylinder in a sequence controlled electronically, for the sequential firing of the engine. The overall result of this ensures the engine is working to its optimum, providing more power and fuel efficiency.
An engine that won't start; a misfiring engine; an engine that struggles and stutters at high speeds; loss of power while accelerating; loss of power when driving uphill; and the vehicle surging or jumping forward when in motion could all be signs of a faulty diesel injector pump. There are many things that can go wrong in the engine, so it is a good idea to consult with your mechanic to establish the exact cause of the fault before buying replacement parts. Specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle, the Mondeo Ford diesel injector pump is the ideal choice when replacing this part.
Ford Mondeo trivia
- If you lived through the run-up to the 1997 General Election, then you probably remember the name Mondeo-Man. It referred to a specific class of voters: those who grew up working class but had become middle class. The focus on Mondeo-Man is considered one of the reasons for a Labour landslide win.
- When the Mondeo went on sale in the UK in 1993, it had gone through six years of development and had a production price tag of £3 billion. At the time, that made it the single most expensive car ever produced. Fortunately, the spending paid off.
- The Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi is known for its responsiveness and is almost legendary for its overtaking ability. It can go from 0-60mph in just 9.5 seconds.
- By 2014, 4.5 million Mondeos had been sold already.
- The Ford Mondeo features in the James Bond film Casino Royale, where it’s driven by Daniel Craig’s Bond. This was the world debut of the Ford Mondeo 2.5-litre ST model, and it can still be seen in the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu as part of the James Bond Experience. Images of the car were leaked by journalists during filming, which annoyed Ford greatly.