Find parts for your car
Used Ford Mondeo 4x4 Spare Wheel Cover
All used Ford Mondeo 4x4 Spare Wheel Cover listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Mondeo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About 4x4 Spare Wheel Cover
The Mondeo Ford 4x4 spare wheel cover is a protective cover for the spare 4x4 wheel on your vehicle.
This is a useful and important accessory which will keep the spare 4x4 wheel covered, protecting it from dirt, dust, grease and grime and any other damage it may receive if left uncovered such as dents and scratches.
The location of the 4x4 spare wheel will vary from vehicle to vehicle but it's often stored in either the boot area, or mounted externally at the rear of the vehicle. If stored internally in the boot, it's normally housed in a special moulded compartment designed specifically to house the spare wheel. The 4x4 spare wheel cover is then fixed onto the spare wheel and usually covered over with carpet to match the rest of the car's interior design. The 4x4 spare wheel cover helps to keep the spare wheel hidden, keeping the area it's stored in neat and tidy with a streamlined and uniform look. The 4x4 spare wheel cover also stops heavy objects that may be placed nearby from damaging the spare wheel. If stored externally, the spare wheel cover needs to protect the spare wheel from the elements, so will need to fit well and seal securely. It's not unusual for spare wheel covers to bear the manufacturer's symbol or car logo. Spare wheel covers are often made of a rigid plastic casing but wheel covers vary and some come in the form of a soft bag, for example. There are many different 4x4 spare wheel covers that come in a whole range of designs, colours and materials and with different fixtures and fittings depending on the make and model of your vehicle.
If the 4x4 spare wheel cover on your vehicle is broken, has been damaged or the fixtures and fittings are worn and not working properly, replacing this accessory with a Mondeo Ford 4x4 spare wheel cover will give you a part that's ideal for the make and model of your vehicle.
Ford Mondeo trivia
- The Ford Mondeo did not do well in the US, despite some mad promotions (including a drive from London to New York via the Bering Strait). Perhaps it was the fact that the Mondeo was renamed the Contour in the States? In Europe, however, drivers were queuing up outside showrooms to get their hands on one.
- The Ford Mondeo features in the James Bond film Casino Royale, where it’s driven by Daniel Craig’s Bond. This was the world debut of the Ford Mondeo 2.5-litre ST model, and it can still be seen in the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu as part of the James Bond Experience. Images of the car were leaked by journalists during filming, which annoyed Ford greatly.
- The Ford Mondeo was released in 1992 and won the European Car of the Year in 1994, thanks to its focus on driver and passenger safety. It was the first car to introduce a driver’s airbag as standard.
- By 2014, 4.5 million Mondeos had been sold already.
- When the Mondeo went on sale in the UK in 1993, it had gone through six years of development and had a production price tag of £3 billion. At the time, that made it the single most expensive car ever produced. Fortunately, the spending paid off.