Used Honda Alternators
All used Honda Alternators listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Honda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
Honda alternators work in conjunction with the battery to produce power for the electrical parts of the car. Honda alternators function by turning the mechanical action of the car’s turning drive shaft into electricity. They do this through the use of rapidly-spinning magnets. This magnetic field in turn produces an electrical current, which is used to power the car electrics. The Honda alternator is also essential for re-charging the car battery, ready to provide the spark necessary to start the car next time.
Alternators are generally quite small in size (a similar size to a roll of toilet paper) don't weigh much and are usually located at the front of the engine.
Usually most modern Honda alternators are maintenance-free and may have a lifespan of a decade or more. Eventually, however, these rapidly-moving car parts start to wear out, made worse over time by dirt and extremes of heat and cold. At best you might experience lights that dim sometimes, or warning lights temporarily flashing on your dashboard. More seriously, a battery that is not being fully charged during motion may mean that your car is difficult to start, or that the ignition fails completely.
In some cases, such problems are put down to an older battery, but more often than not the real culprit is the alternator which is not successfully charging the battery. Check the voltage on your car which should be around 14 volts. Anything less than this and it is likely that the Honda alternator is worn out and will need replacing.
- An accessory that didn’t quite land, the early models of the Honda CR-V came with an in-built picnic table that could be pulled out.
- Despite being more than four decades old, the Honda Civic is still one of the most driven cars in the world. That’s largely due to its famous fuel efficiency, which has been a major selling point since 1973.
- One of their most important contributions to the history of car manufacturing is the development of the first VTEC engines.
- Honda’s main plant in Japan is so big that it has its own airport.
- Some celebs don’t go anywhere without their Honda. Notable owners include Halle Berry, Gwen Stafani, Chris Pine, and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.