Used Honda Bumpers
All used Honda Bumpers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Honda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
The bumper is a vital safety feature on all vehicles and in order for a car to be considered roadworthy it is a legal requirement to have both front and rear bumpers fitted. The job of the bumper is to absorb the impact of a crash. The Honda bumper complete consists of all the components that together make up the front bumper or the rear bumper of a vehicle. The Honda bumper complete provides protection to the car in the event of a crash, by minimising damage to the front and rear end of the car frame and body. The bumper’s function is to protect the fuel, exhaust, cooling system, bonnet, boot, and grille, including features such as tail lights, headlamps and parking lights. The bumper also serves to protect the occupants of the car in the event of a crash. By absorbing some of the impact of the collision, the bumper minimises the force of an impact for driver and passengers.
The front bumper is fixed to a bumper bracket at the front of the car enabling it to absorb some of the impact from a head on collision. The rear bumper is fixed to bumper brackets to the rear of the car absorbing impact from a rear collision. The bumper complete is a full bumper consisting of an outer panel and an inner bar that make up the bumper and includes some or all of the following parts, depending on the car make, model and year: bumper brackets; bumper grille; bumper cross member; bumper end caps; bumper reinforcer; bumper moulding; bumper spoiler; bumper splitter; bumper towing eye and cover.
Bumpers in modern vehicles are made of a variety of materials, and usually consist of a strong bar made of either fiberglass, steel, rubber, aluminum, thermo glass or plastic with a plastic outer. Some bumpers have an energy absorbing material, such as polypropylene foam, beneath the outer cover, which absorbs impact and is designed to soften the blow for pedestrians, if hit by a slow moving car, as well as helping to prevent the bumper from cracking and breaking. Bumpers also come in a variety of styles and shapes, both dependent on the make and model of the car and can be added to and customised in a number of ways.
The Honda bumper complete often needs replacing following impact received in an accident. If the front or rear bumper or any other bumper related parts need replacing, it's advisable to buy a new or replacement part that has been manufactured to fit the make, model and year of your car. The Honda bumper complete provides the complete package.
- An accessory that didn’t quite land, the early models of the Honda CR-V came with an in-built picnic table that could be pulled out.
- Despite being more than four decades old, the Honda Civic is still one of the most driven cars in the world. That’s largely due to its famous fuel efficiency, which has been a major selling point since 1973.
- Honda sponsored the TV show Community when season 7 aired, and one of the episodes of the show has the community college Dean surrounded by Honda merchandise.
- Honda vehicles have shown up in a few films, most notably in Pulp Fiction when an SL was used by Bruce Willis to drive into Ving Rhames. Tarantino used Hondas in Kill Bill too, so he’s clearly a fan! Most car lovers will also recognise the Honda S2000 that was used in the first two Fast and Furious films.
- With 5% of their revenue funnelled straight back into research and development, Honda has been responsible for groundbreaking new technologies that have seen widespread adoption across the car industry. The most famous is the notion of a practical four-wheel-drive vehicle, first seen in the Honda Accord in 1987.