Used Honda Gearboxes Transmission Automatic
All used Honda Gearboxes Transmission Automatic listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Honda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gearboxes Transmission Automatic
The job of the car's transmission system is to transmit the power made in the engine to the wheels of the car. An automatic transmission uses both a mechanical and a hydraulic system to change the gears in the car automatically.
The Honda automatic transmission gearbox is attached to a torque converter which fixes directly to the engine of the car.
The Honda automatic transmission gearbox comes into play when the driver applies or releases pressure on the accelerator, by automatically selecting and changing the gears for the driver. The Honda automatic transmission gearbox selects the right gear for the speed the car is travelling at, adjusting the speed of the car accordingly, while ensuring the engine can function as efficiently as possible. This all enables the driver to concentrate on driving without needing to manually change the gears. Generally automatic transmissions have 4 gears consisting of drive, first gear, second gear, park, reverse and neutral. The Honda automatic transmission gearbox tends to be less fuel efficient than a manual transmission gearbox but offers the driver a smooth ride and the ease of not having to change gears manually.
The Honda automatic gearbox transmission, although built to last will eventually wear down due to damage caused by heat and friction. If, when driving the Honda automatic transmission gearbox is not changing gears smoothly; slow at changing gear or will not shift into gear; changes gears sporadically; judders; or produces unusual noises and vibrations, it will need looking at by a professional and you may need to replace the Honda automatic gearbox transmission.
- One of their most important contributions to the history of car manufacturing is the development of the first VTEC engines.
- As a company, Honda is responsible for the manufacturing of more than 14 million engines every single year.
- An accessory that didn’t quite land, the early models of the Honda CR-V came with an in-built picnic table that could be pulled out.
- Some celebs don’t go anywhere without their Honda. Notable owners include Halle Berry, Gwen Stafani, Chris Pine, and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.
- The first foreign vehicle that was ever manufactured in Ohio, America, was the 1982 Honda Accord.