Used Hyundai Starter Motors
All used Hyundai Starter Motors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Hyundai are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Starter Motors
A car engine needs to be rotating at a significant speed in order for it to start. The Hyundai starter motor is a powerful electric motor which provides the power to turn the engine. The Hyundai starter motor works to provide enough power to get the car engine turning at the correct speed for it to start.
The starter motor is usually situated near the back of the engine, on the underside, where it can be bolted into position on the outer edge of the flywheel. The flywheel is a large cog, approximately 12" in diameter, which is connected to one end of the crankshaft, the main shaft inside the engine, which is turned by the movement of the pistons.
This powerful, electric motor is driven by the car's battery, and starts working when you turn the key in the ignition. It has a thick shaft with a small stubby sprung-loaded cog. When the ignition key is fully turned or starter button pressed, the power is transmitted via a solenoid switch to the motor. When the starter motor rotates, the sprung-loaded cog, due to its design, spirals out against its shaft spring and engages the cog of the flywheel. The starter motor then turns the flywheel, which rotates the engine via the crankshaft and the firing sequence is initiated and the engine starts. When the ignition key or button is released, the sprung-loaded cog on the starter motor disengages from the flywheel and pops back clear.
It is not uncommon for starter motors to malfunction. General wear and tear takes it toll on the Hyundai starter motor and it will eventually need replacing. Symptoms of a faulty starter motor can include an engine which is really slow to turn over and no response at all or just a click or clunk from the starter motor when you turn the key in the ignition. It is advisable to have any problems looked at by a professional. When replacing the Hyundai starter motor it should be compatible with the make and model of your car.
- The first Hyundai with front-wheel-drive was the Excel. Despite the weak sales, it remains an important car because it was designed by the man behind the world-famous time-traveling car, the DeLorean.
- It wasn’t until 1996 that Hyundai unveiled their first sports car, the Hyundai Coupe (called the Tiburon in the US and Australia). It gained a huge burst of popularity after being featured in the video game Need for Speed.
- The Korean car company gets its name from the Korean translation of the word ‘modernity’.
- The Matt Damon film, The Bourne Supremacy, has the action hero not just driving a Hyundai EF Sonata, but also pointing out another. This is despite the fact that Hyundai hadn’t entered into any product placement deals with the filmmakers. The EF Sonata can also be seen in 2005’s War of the Worlds, 2008’s The Hurt Locker, and the 2010 thriller Inception.
- All car manufacturers need a big manufacturing plant. The Ulsan plant used by Hyundai is the biggest in the world and covers an astonishing 1,225 acres. It has five completely independent plants and needs around 35,000 workers to function at optimal capacity.