Used Hyundai Trailing Arms
All used Hyundai Trailing Arms listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Hyundai are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Trailing Arms
A Hyundai trailing arm is one of the components of a motor vehicle’s linked rear suspension system. Its primary role is to connect the chassis, rear axle and shock absorbers. Because the shock absorbers are connected to the Hyundai trailing arm it is responsible for supporting the weight of the vehicle. It must also deal with the tension and compression forces that are generated between the rear wheel and the vehicle’s chassis under a variety of driving conditions. This means that the Hyundai trailing arm needs to have sufficient strength to withstand random road conditions and survive impacts from potholes, bumps, rocks and other road imperfections.
The Hyundai trailing arm is connected to the vehicle slightly forward of the rear axle.
Because it is such an important component of a vehicle’s suspension system, if the trailing arm fails to work it will have an immediate effect on its driveability. Like most vehicle parts, a trailing arm is susceptible to wear and tear. Indications that a Hyundai trailing arm has broken are a feel that the car is “wandering” from its rear, over-steering in adverse weather conditions and damage to the vehicle’s tyres, which can be severe.
- The Hyundai testing centre is world-class. Based in the Mojave Desert, the area (known as the Proving Ground) is an abandoned airbase. With 4,300 acres of land, cars can be tested so harshly that there are still remains of vehicles scattered around the zone.
- Hit zombie show, The Walking Dead has been sponsored by Hyundai since it started, and in 2014 they released a special edition tie-in vehicle. They did have some conditions for their cars being used in the show, though. Bloodstains aren’t allowed to be seen on a Hyundai, and they aren’t allowed to be used to directly run over the living dead.
- The first car produced by Hyundai was the Pony, which was designed with help from international car designers, including Giorgio Giugiaro.
- The Hyundai Sonata Hybrid is the first mass-produced car with a solar panel roof.
- Hyundai were the first car manufacturer to offer a ten-year warranty on their vehicle. They did this in the early 1990s!