Used Hyundai Wiper Motors
All used Hyundai Wiper Motors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Hyundai from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Wiper Motors
The windscreen wiper mechanism is powered by a Hyundai wiper motor. Wipers are a standard safety feature in cars and can be positioned on both the front and rear windscreen of the car. Most cars have two wipers on the front windscreen, one on the driverside and one on the passengerside. The driver needs to look through the front windscreen to see the road ahead, and through the back windscreen to see the traffic behind, so it's imperative that the windscreens are in perfect, clean condition. The Hyundai wiper motor provides the power needed to make the windscreen wipers move, so it has an important role to play in keeping the windscreen in a safe, clean condition. The wiper consists of a wiper arm and a wiper blade. The wiper blade is made from rubber and as the arm is powered by the wiper motor to move across the windscreen, the rubber blade moves the water and debris from the surface of the windscreen, clearing the screen to enable a clear vision of sight for the driver.
The wiper motor and linkage mechanism is located beneath the bonnet, generally concealed by a plastic scuttle panel.
The electric wiper motor consists of a cylinder referred to as the rotor or armature. This is the rotating part of the motor and it houses all of the components that work together to make up the motor. Surrounding the rotor are copper coils of wire which act as the conductors. When the wiper motor switch is activated by the driver via the controls on the wiper stalk switch, this sends an electric current to the motor, and the copper winding picks up this current causing the electricity to move through the wiring. The electricity moving through the copper wire creates a circular magnetic field. It's this magnetic energy which generates the force to power the cylinder and makes it spin. The spinning cylinder creates the energy needed to power the motor which in turn powers the wiper mechanism. Driven by the Hyundai wiper motor, the wiper linkage is moved back and forth by cams. The wiper motor sources its electrical power through direct current from the car's battery. Often an electric motor will contain carbon brushes that work to move the electricity from outside the motor to the rotating copper winding housed in the centre of the motor.
Common failures with the wiper motor occur when the winding becomes shorted. These copper conductors can overheat causing the winding to short circuit. The carbon brushes in the motor are also put under a great deal of friction, and will eventually burn out causing the wiper motor to malfunction. When the windscreen wiper motor needs replacing, buying the Hyundai wiper motor will ensure you get a part that's completely compatible with the make and model of your car.
- Hit zombie show, The Walking Dead has been sponsored by Hyundai since it started, and in 2014 they released a special edition tie-in vehicle. They did have some conditions for their cars being used in the show, though. Bloodstains aren’t allowed to be seen on a Hyundai, and they aren’t allowed to be used to directly run over the living dead.
- When Hyundai entered a deal with Marvel, it meant that three different Hyundai cars were used in Ant-Man and the Wasp. As part of the promotion, Hyundai also designed and built the Kona Iron Man Edition SUV, which is pretty cool!
- Every time that a new Hyundai is sold, the company donates a portion of the profit to charities fighting pediatric cancer. The Hope on Wheels campaign has also been used to help disaster zone recovery, and since its launch in 1998 has raised over £160million.
- The Hyundai testing centre is world-class. Based in the Mojave Desert, the area (known as the Proving Ground) is an abandoned airbase. With 4,300 acres of land, cars can be tested so harshly that there are still remains of vehicles scattered around the zone.
- Hyundai were the first car manufacturer to offer a ten-year warranty on their vehicle. They did this in the early 1990s!