Find parts for your car
Used Iveco Alternators
All used Iveco Alternators listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Iveco are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
Iveco alternators work in conjunction with the battery to produce power for the electrical parts of the car. Iveco alternators function by turning the mechanical action of the car’s turning drive shaft into electricity. They do this through the use of rapidly-spinning magnets. This magnetic field in turn produces an electrical current, which is used to power the car electrics. The Iveco alternator is also essential for re-charging the car battery, ready to provide the spark necessary to start the car next time.
Alternators are generally quite small in size (a similar size to a roll of toilet paper) don't weigh much and are usually located at the front of the engine.
Usually most modern Iveco alternators are maintenance-free and may have a lifespan of a decade or more. Eventually, however, these rapidly-moving car parts start to wear out, made worse over time by dirt and extremes of heat and cold. At best you might experience lights that dim sometimes, or warning lights temporarily flashing on your dashboard. More seriously, a battery that is not being fully charged during motion may mean that your car is difficult to start, or that the ignition fails completely.
In some cases, such problems are put down to an older battery, but more often than not the real culprit is the alternator which is not successfully charging the battery. Check the voltage on your car which should be around 14 volts. Anything less than this and it is likely that the Iveco alternator is worn out and will need replacing.
- Iveco loves a good sponsorship deal. To date, they have sponsored the 2006 Turin Winter Olympics, the All Blacks rugby team, and the MotoGP. They even provide the trucks needed to transport Ferraris for F1 races.
- As winners of the IF Design Award in 2020, Iveco has joined the ranks of some of the most beautiful and practical products in the world. The prestigious award is granted to only the best in designed products, and the Iveco S-Way is the perfect example.
- With a physical presence in all five continents, Iveco is probably a bigger company than you think. They have around 25,000 employees, 27 production plants, and over 5000 service outlets.
- It wasn't until 1985 that Iveco made their first light diesel engine that came with direct injection. It was only four years later in '89 that they rolled out their first diesel vehicles with exhaust gas recirculation.
- In 1986, Iveco rolled out its first vehicle with electric propulsion. This was a trial, but it was quickly adopted across their full range of buses, as well as many of their truck models.