Find parts for your car
Used Jaguar Aircon Relays
All used Jaguar Aircon Relays listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jaguar are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Aircon Relays
The car's air conditioning system basically conditions the air, which means whilst cooling the air in the car down, it also helps to ensure there isn't too much moisture in the car, so it stops the air getting too humid. The car's air conditioning unit also cleans the air in the car by filtering the dust and other particles from the air inside the car.
The Jaguar aircon relay carries electric current between the car's battery and various components that make up the car's air conditioning system and it essentially acts as an ON/OFF voltage control switch. The Jaguar aircon relay is efficient and clever in that it works on very little power but produces a great many times more power than it uses.
The Jaguar aircon relay will be housed in the relay box, usually found underneath the dashboard. The Jaguar aircon relay connects to the car's battery, as well as connecting to the specific part that the relay is functioning, for example, the compressor clutch relay will connect to the compressor clutch.
If the car's air conditioning system has stopped working it is advisable to seek professional advice. Get the relays connected to the ac system checked, such as the aircon compressor clutch relay, to establish if it is merely a Jaguar aircon relay that is broken and needs replacing or a larger problem with the whole air conditioning system.
- When they first launched in 1922, Jaguar was called the Swallow Sidecar Company. They changed the name in 1945 because of the unfortunate use of the letters 'SS' by Germany in the war.
- Steve McQueen was a huge fan of the Jaguar XKSS and even found himself with two driving bans because of his passion for driving fast. He was one of the few people to ever drive an XKSS because only 16 were ever made! McQueen did eventually sell his car, but regretted it immediately and paid more to get it back. The car is now owned by US TV host Jay Leno.
- PM Margaret Thatcher was determined to keep Jaguar as a British company, and in 1984 she announced that the brand was protected from foreign purchasing. The government retained a 50% share of the company until it became clear that foreign investment was essential as 1990 rolled around.
- The 2014 Superbowl advert for Jaguar featured Brit actors Ben Kingsley and Mark Strong, with a terrified Tom Hiddlestone hanging out of a helicopter as it flew across London. Not many people know that the driver used for this advert was The Stig (Ben Collins).
- To show off just how light the F-Pace SUV was, Jaguar built a loop and the SUV not only tackled it but completed the loop on its first go. The feat earned Jaguar a place in the Guinness Book of World Records.