Find parts for your car
Used Jaguar S Type Starter Motor
All used Jaguar S Type Starter Motor listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Jaguar S Type are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Starter Motor
A car engine needs to be rotating at a significant speed in order for it to start. The S Type Jaguar starter motor is a powerful electric motor which provides the power to turn the engine. The S Type Jaguar starter motor works to provide enough power to get the car engine turning at the correct speed for it to start.
The starter motor is usually situated near the back of the engine, on the underside, where it can be bolted into position on the outer edge of the flywheel. The flywheel is a large cog, approximately 12" in diameter, which is connected to one end of the crankshaft, the main shaft inside the engine, which is turned by the movement of the pistons.
This powerful, electric motor is driven by the car's battery, and starts working when you turn the key in the ignition. It has a thick shaft with a small stubby sprung-loaded cog. When the ignition key is fully turned or starter button pressed, the power is transmitted via a solenoid switch to the motor. When the starter motor rotates, the sprung-loaded cog, due to its design, spirals out against its shaft spring and engages the cog of the flywheel. The starter motor then turns the flywheel, which rotates the engine via the crankshaft and the firing sequence is initiated and the engine starts. When the ignition key or button is released, the sprung-loaded cog on the starter motor disengages from the flywheel and pops back clear.
It is not uncommon for starter motors to malfunction. General wear and tear takes it toll on the S Type Jaguar starter motor and it will eventually need replacing. Symptoms of a faulty starter motor can include an engine which is really slow to turn over and no response at all or just a click or clunk from the starter motor when you turn the key in the ignition. It is advisable to have any problems looked at by a professional. When replacing the S Type Jaguar starter motor it should be compatible with the make and model of your car.
- The first-ever XK120 rolled off the production line and was delivered immediately to Clark Gable, who had preordered it well in advance. The XK120 came with a removable windscreen and could hit a solid 120mph..
- Talk about testing your car! Jaguars are put through a very rigorous climate test, where they are first tested in -40 degrees for twelve hours. Once that's done, the cars are then sprayed with water while standing in a 0-degree wind tunnel. That's why they cope so well with British weather.
- Before a Jaguar is painted, they are brushed with an ionized emu feather. That's because these feathers are very good at holding an electrostatic charge, and that means they are great at getting rid of any dust that might ruin the finished Jaguar look.
- The most expensive car in Jaguar's history is the XJ220. It cost a rather intimidating £413,000 in 1991 and is also one of the fastest cars they've ever built, capable of getting up to 217mph.
- The 24 Hours of Le Mans, one of the most gruelling and famous race events in the world, has been won by Jaguar an astonishing seven times. Their first victory was back in 1951.