Used Jaguar Side Steps
All used Jaguar Side Steps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jaguar are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Side Steps
The Jaguar side step is a panel that enables people entering or exiting the vehicle on the side to step up into the vehicle and step down out of the vehicle with ease.
Fixed where the sill sits, directly beneath the side doors on the vehicle, the side step is usually mounted on brackets which are bolted into place. The side step may come with a pre-cut sill which can then be used in conjunction with the side step or you may need to cut the original sill to shape it to fit with the side step in place.
The Jaguar side step provides a secure ledge to step on when entering and exiting the vehicle. Side steps are usually found on larger vehicles that sit higher off the ground, such as 4x4's. Side steps come in a selection of designs, styles, materials and finishes and these features will be dependent on the make and model of your vehicle. Often side steps are covered with a chrome or plastic outer which has a non slip strip or tread, which helps with the ease of using the step, especially in wet weather. Side steps also help to stop mud and water from splashing up onto the bodywork of the car. Many car owners opt to fit side steps to their vehicle for aesthetic reasons as well as functional. It can be an easy way to modify the look of your car, adding a stylish finish and a more personal touch.
The side steps on a vehicle can be prone to damage and can get dented and knocked or suffer from rust over a period of time and the brackets used to mount the side steps to the car can also corrode and warp out of shape. When fitting a new side step on your car, choosing the Jaguar side step will guarantee you a part that will be compatible with the make and model of your vehicle, enabling the part to perform at its best and last longer.
- To show off just how light the F-Pace SUV was, Jaguar built a loop and the SUV not only tackled it but completed the loop on its first go. The feat earned Jaguar a place in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- The most expensive car in Jaguar's history is the XJ220. It cost a rather intimidating £413,000 in 1991 and is also one of the fastest cars they've ever built, capable of getting up to 217mph.
- The first-ever XK120 rolled off the production line and was delivered immediately to Clark Gable, who had preordered it well in advance. The XK120 came with a removable windscreen and could hit a solid 120mph..
- Jaguar isn't a big name in F1, but they did have a go. They raced between 2000 and 2004 but didn't perform well enough to justify the costs. They managed a less than stellar ninth place in their final race.
- The 24 Hours of Le Mans, one of the most gruelling and famous race events in the world, has been won by Jaguar an astonishing seven times. Their first victory was back in 1951.