Used Jaguar Steering Idlers
All used Jaguar Steering Idlers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jaguar are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Steering Idlers
On a motor vehicle that has a conventional parallelogram steering linkage, the Jaguarsteering idler is a vital component, providing pivotal support. It achieves this by supporting the end of the centre link of the steering gear on the passenger side of the vehicle. The Jaguarsteering idler, which is alternatively referred to as the idler arm, is bolted to the frame or sub-frame of the vehicle. It is commonly attached between the opposite side of the centre link from the Pitman arm to the vehicle’s frame. From there, it holds the centre link at the appropriate height.
If the Jaguarsteering idler is not performing its function properly, the vehicle is likely to wander around the road. It is also likely that excessive play will be felt in the steering wheel. There are alternative possible causes for these issues, including the operation of connected assemblies such as the tie rods and the Pitman arm, although steering idlers are generally more susceptible to wear and tear than Pitman arms because of the pivoting function that is built into them.
A Jaguarsteering idler is relatively easy to fit and is not particularly expensive yet it is a critical component in the efficient operation of the steering linkage of a motor vehicle.
- To show off just how light the F-Pace SUV was, Jaguar built a loop and the SUV not only tackled it but completed the loop on its first go. The feat earned Jaguar a place in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- Jaguar isn't a big name in F1, but they did have a go. They raced between 2000 and 2004 but didn't perform well enough to justify the costs. They managed a less than stellar ninth place in their final race.
- The 24 Hours of Le Mans, one of the most gruelling and famous race events in the world, has been won by Jaguar an astonishing seven times. Their first victory was back in 1951.
- The iconic Jaguar ornament on the bonnet isn't included as standard anymore. Lots of people seem to think it's illegal, but they're not, as long as the ornament is spring-loaded. The jaguar ornament is known in-house as The Leaper, and you can still buy the Leaper as an after-purchase accessory.
- When they first launched in 1922, Jaguar was called the Swallow Sidecar Company. They changed the name in 1945 because of the unfortunate use of the letters 'SS' by Germany in the war.