Find parts for your car
Used Jeep Wings
All used Jeep Wings listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
There are areas of the road behind the car and to the sides which are out of the driver's peripheral vision which require a clear and unobstructed view of the road behind in order to drive safely. The Jeep wing mirror is an exterior mirror which enables the driver to see these 'blind spots' enabling clear vision of any traffic nearby and any potential hazards. The wing mirror is an important visual aid and safety feature.
Wing mirrors can be either manual or electric and are usually mounted in the door pillar on the driver side and passenger side doors.Both manual and electric wing mirrors can be adjusted vertically, horizontally, and diagonally to the suit the height, line of sight, and seat position of the driver.
Electric and manual wing mirrors can be folded in close to the car to avoid damage when parked.
Broken, smashed and chipped mirrors will, of course, need replacing. Naturally over a period of general use, manual and electric wing mirrors will suffer from general wear and need replacing with one that is compatible with the model and make of your car.
- There is a 1953 Willys Jeep on display in the Museum of Modern Art in New York, with the curators calling it "an example of automotive design in its purest form." The Jeep was added to the museum's collection in 2002.
- Former US President Ronald Reagan was a big fan of the Jeep and was often seen driving around his ranch in his much-loved CJ8.
- Jeeps have been seen a lot on the small screen, with perhaps the most recognisable being their use in the award-winning TV show Breaking Bad. Both Hank Schrader and Skyler White drove a Jeep, although it was Schrader's 2006 Jeep Commander (XK) that looked the best.
- The Jeep is the only vehicle to have won an American Purple Heart medal. The award was given after a Jeep was the first US presence on the beach at Guadalcanal. The Jeep was only slightly damaged, with some bullet holes in the windscreen, but General Eisenhower called the Jeep one of "the three tools that won the war."
- It's not something that you'll be able to find to buy, but there was a prototype of a Jeep made in 1945 that could fly. The vehicle was called the Hafner Rotabuggy, and it had blades like a helicopter.