Find parts for your car
Used Jeep Bonnet Hinges
All used Jeep Bonnet Hinges listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Bonnet Hinges
The bonnet is a rigid cover, which is fixed with Jeep bonnet hinges attached with bolts, that protects and allows access to the engine compartment.
The bonnet is a crucial part of the car body, for beneath it is housed some of the most important components a car needs in order to run. The bonnet is made up of an outer panel which is designed to be smooth and streamlined, and an inner panel which is strong and offers protection to the engine beneath.
The Jeep bonnet hinges are attached to the bonnet, allowing the bonnet to be fixed to the frame at the front of the car, mounted at the corner of the inner wings, and with the action of the Jeep bonnet hinges, the bonnet opens outwards.
If the bonnet hinges on your car seize up due to rust, the pin in the pivot joints will break. If there is a rattling sound coming from the bonnet, it's worth checking the bonnet hinges as loose hinges can cause vibrating and shaking. If the bonnet is not aligned properly with the car frame or the bonnet is difficult to close or open, it could be a problem with the bonnet hinges. If the bonnet hinges are seized up or damaged in any way, they will stop working properly and affect the bonnet opening mechanism. When replacing the bonnet hinges, buying Jeep bonnet hinges will ensure they can be mounted correctly and fit the bonnet of your car perfectly, being compatible with car make and model.
- The Jeep is the only vehicle to have won an American Purple Heart medal. The award was given after a Jeep was the first US presence on the beach at Guadalcanal. The Jeep was only slightly damaged, with some bullet holes in the windscreen, but General Eisenhower called the Jeep one of "the three tools that won the war."
- In the action film, Furious 7, a customised Jeep dropped out of an aeroplane, along with some of the other classic cars used in the film. Usually, this kind of stunt would use only the chassis of the cars, but for F7, they just dropped the fully built cars from the cargo plane and hoped for the best.
- Jeeps have been seen a lot on the small screen, with perhaps the most recognisable being their use in the award-winning TV show Breaking Bad. Both Hank Schrader and Skyler White drove a Jeep, although it was Schrader's 2006 Jeep Commander (XK) that looked the best.
- People that own a Jeep are very keen to show it off. In 2015, research was carried out that showed Jeep is the second most popular car brand to see on Instagram. The Marque is the most popular Jeep model on social media. While this is a surprise when you consider the bigger names in car manufacturing, the fact that Jeeps can become such an integral part of the travel experience may go some way to explain the Instagram popularity.
- Jeep has had eight different owners to date. The current owners of the iconic brand are Fiat-Chrysler, but the name has been owned by recognisable names like Renault and AMC.