Find parts for your car
Used Jeep Bumpers
All used Jeep Bumpers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
The bumper is a vital safety feature on all vehicles and in order for a car to be considered roadworthy it is a legal requirement to have both front and rear bumpers fitted. The job of the bumper is to absorb the impact of a crash. The Jeep bumper complete consists of all the components that together make up the front bumper or the rear bumper of a vehicle. The Jeep bumper complete provides protection to the car in the event of a crash, by minimising damage to the front and rear end of the car frame and body. The bumper’s function is to protect the fuel, exhaust, cooling system, bonnet, boot, and grille, including features such as tail lights, headlamps and parking lights. The bumper also serves to protect the occupants of the car in the event of a crash. By absorbing some of the impact of the collision, the bumper minimises the force of an impact for driver and passengers.
The front bumper is fixed to a bumper bracket at the front of the car enabling it to absorb some of the impact from a head on collision. The rear bumper is fixed to bumper brackets to the rear of the car absorbing impact from a rear collision. The bumper complete is a full bumper consisting of an outer panel and an inner bar that make up the bumper and includes some or all of the following parts, depending on the car make, model and year: bumper brackets; bumper grille; bumper cross member; bumper end caps; bumper reinforcer; bumper moulding; bumper spoiler; bumper splitter; bumper towing eye and cover.
Bumpers in modern vehicles are made of a variety of materials, and usually consist of a strong bar made of either fiberglass, steel, rubber, aluminum, thermo glass or plastic with a plastic outer. Some bumpers have an energy absorbing material, such as polypropylene foam, beneath the outer cover, which absorbs impact and is designed to soften the blow for pedestrians, if hit by a slow moving car, as well as helping to prevent the bumper from cracking and breaking. Bumpers also come in a variety of styles and shapes, both dependent on the make and model of the car and can be added to and customised in a number of ways.
The Jeep bumper complete often needs replacing following impact received in an accident. If the front or rear bumper or any other bumper related parts need replacing, it's advisable to buy a new or replacement part that has been manufactured to fit the make, model and year of your car. The Jeep bumper complete provides the complete package.
- Jeeps have a distinctive flat slotted grill, but it's actually Ford that designed this part. Originally, the grill consisted of 13 slots, but by 1945 the number had dropped to seven.
- Former US President Ronald Reagan was a big fan of the Jeep and was often seen driving around his ranch in his much-loved CJ8.
- There's a whole sport called Jeeping, and it's been running since 1953. It's a trek that usually takes place along the Rubicon Trail in the US, and 'Jeep Jamborees' are now so popular that Jeep even attends the events, often bringing new concept vehicles to show off.
- There were a lot of car firsts in the 1963 Jeep Wagoneer. Dubbed by Jeep as the first-ever luxury SUV, the Wagoneer came with independent front suspension (a first for a 4x4), as well as the first overhead-cam six-cylinder truck engine.
- Jeeps have been seen on the big screen a lot, especially in war films. However, it's not just war that is responsible for iconic Jeep designs in cinema. Jurassic Park used a '93 Jeep Wrangler Sahara for the vehicles used in the dino-park, and the most iconic scene showed the Jeep outrunning a T-Rex! There's even a car club called the Jurassic Park Motor Pool, where members have to own a Jeep that has been painted to look like it's come straight from the park.