Find parts for your car
Used Jeep Bumper Grilles
All used Jeep Bumper Grilles listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Bumper Grilles
The Jeep bumper grille is a rigid panel with a grating, basically parallel slits or vents running vertically, or a mesh construction, that covers the bumper, allowing air to flow through into the engine compartment and offering some protection to the bottom part of the engine.
The Jeep bumper grille is fixed to the front of the car, directly on to the front bumper. The Jeep bumper grill also acts as a filter, stopping dirt, stones and other road debris from entering into the body of the car.
Bumper grilles are made from a variety of materials, commonly stainless steel, ABS plastic or aluminum and come in a variety of styles and finishes.
Positioned at the front of the car, the Jeep bumper grille takes a bit of a pounding on the road over time and can be subject to dents, marks, chips and scratches. It can fall prey to knocks and bumps and prone to damage in a frontal crash. It is important that you choose the right replacement Jeep bumper grille for the make, model and year of your car.
- In the action film, Furious 7, a customised Jeep dropped out of an aeroplane, along with some of the other classic cars used in the film. Usually, this kind of stunt would use only the chassis of the cars, but for F7, they just dropped the fully built cars from the cargo plane and hoped for the best.
- Nobody knows where the name 'Jeep' comes from or why it was used. One theory is that it's a play on the phrase General Purpose Vehicle (GP), while others maintain that Jeeps are named after a character in the Popeye cartoon, Eugene the Jeep.
- People that own a Jeep are very keen to show it off. In 2015, research was carried out that showed Jeep is the second most popular car brand to see on Instagram. The Marque is the most popular Jeep model on social media. While this is a surprise when you consider the bigger names in car manufacturing, the fact that Jeeps can become such an integral part of the travel experience may go some way to explain the Instagram popularity.
- Although they were designed for the military, it didn't take long before Jeep released a version for civilians. The CJ-2A had several features that were lacking on the military versions, such as a tailgate, a side-mounted spare tire, and an external fuel cap.
- It's not something that you'll be able to find to buy, but there was a prototype of a Jeep made in 1945 that could fly. The vehicle was called the Hafner Rotabuggy, and it had blades like a helicopter.