Find parts for your car
Used Jeep Bumper Lowers
All used Jeep Bumper Lowers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Bumper Lowers
The Jeep lower front bumper's job is to absorb the impact of a crash, offering protection to the car, by minimising damage to the frame and body of the car, as well as internal and external parts.
The lower front bumper also serves to protect the occupants of the car in the event of a crash. By absorbing some of the impact of the collision, the bumper minimizes the force of the crash for driver and passengers. Some lower front bumpers incorporate materials, such as polypropylene foam, designed to soften the blow for pedestrians, if hit by a slow moving car.
The Jeep lower front bumper is fixed to the front of the car, low down, enabling it to absorb some of the impact from a head on collision.
Bumpers in modern vehicles are made of a variety of materials, and usually consist of a strong bar made of either fiber glass, steel, rubber, aluminum, thermo glass or plastic with a plastic outer. Some bumpers have an energy absorbing material, such as foam, beneath the outer cover, which absorbs impact. Bumpers also come in a variety of styles, both dependent on the make and model of your car. Some bumpers house electronic sensors, such as parking sensors, which help the driver to park their car by measuring distance from nearby objects, such as a wall or another car.
If the Jeep lower front bumper on your car needs updating due to old age and general wear and tear, or your car has been in a crash and the lower front bumper has sustained damage, you'll want to replace it with a Jeep lower front bumper that is an ideal fit for the make and model of your car.
- People that own a Jeep are very keen to show it off. In 2015, research was carried out that showed Jeep is the second most popular car brand to see on Instagram. The Marque is the most popular Jeep model on social media. While this is a surprise when you consider the bigger names in car manufacturing, the fact that Jeeps can become such an integral part of the travel experience may go some way to explain the Instagram popularity.
- Nobody knows where the name 'Jeep' comes from or why it was used. One theory is that it's a play on the phrase General Purpose Vehicle (GP), while others maintain that Jeeps are named after a character in the Popeye cartoon, Eugene the Jeep.
- It's not something that you'll be able to find to buy, but there was a prototype of a Jeep made in 1945 that could fly. The vehicle was called the Hafner Rotabuggy, and it had blades like a helicopter.
- Although they were designed for the military, it didn't take long before Jeep released a version for civilians. The CJ-2A had several features that were lacking on the military versions, such as a tailgate, a side-mounted spare tire, and an external fuel cap.
- One of the most expensive Jeeps in the world is the 2005 Jeep Hurricane. It's certainly not a cheap option if you're in the market for a Jeep unless, of course, you've got a spare £2 million in the bank.