Used Jeep Bumper Reinforcers
All used Jeep Bumper Reinforcers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Bumper Reinforcers
A bumper is a vital safety feature on all vehicles and in order for a car to be considered roadworthy, it's a legal requirement to have both front and rear bumpers fitted.
The Jeep front bumper reinforcer, is essentially a sturdy metal bar bolted on to the front bumper, or onto the subframe behind, which acts as a bolster to the bumper, providing extra protection, and supporting the role of the bumper in the event of a frontal collision.
The job of the front bumper is to absorb the impact of a crash, offering protection to the car, by minimising damage to the frame and body of the car as well as internal and external parts. The front bumper also serves to protect the occupants of the car in the event of a crash. By absorbing some of the impact of the collision, the bumper minimizes the force of the crash for driver and passengers.
The front bumper is fixed to a bumper bracket on the front of the car, enabling it to absorb some of the impact from a head on collision. The Jeep bumper front reinforcer is fixed onto the front bumper, or to the subframe behind, and functions to assist the front bumper, adding extra reinforcement.
If the Jeep bumper front reinforcer needs replacing, having suffered damage in an accident, for example, it's advisable to buy a new or replacement part that has been manufactured to fit the make, model and year of your car.
- Nobody knows where the name 'Jeep' comes from or why it was used. One theory is that it's a play on the phrase General Purpose Vehicle (GP), while others maintain that Jeeps are named after a character in the Popeye cartoon, Eugene the Jeep.
- Jeep has had eight different owners to date. The current owners of the iconic brand are Fiat-Chrysler, but the name has been owned by recognisable names like Renault and AMC.
- People that own a Jeep are very keen to show it off. In 2015, research was carried out that showed Jeep is the second most popular car brand to see on Instagram. The Marque is the most popular Jeep model on social media. While this is a surprise when you consider the bigger names in car manufacturing, the fact that Jeeps can become such an integral part of the travel experience may go some way to explain the Instagram popularity.
- Jeeps have been seen a lot on the small screen, with perhaps the most recognisable being their use in the award-winning TV show Breaking Bad. Both Hank Schrader and Skyler White drove a Jeep, although it was Schrader's 2006 Jeep Commander (XK) that looked the best.
- Although they were designed for the military, it didn't take long before Jeep released a version for civilians. The CJ-2A had several features that were lacking on the military versions, such as a tailgate, a side-mounted spare tire, and an external fuel cap.