Find parts for your car
Used Jeep Cross Members
All used Jeep Cross Members listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Cross Members
The Jeep cross member is a structural part of the car body which holds the engine and/or transmission in place.
The Jeep cross member is more often than not made of steel, and usually contained within a box that is bolted across the underside of the car, to the bottom of the chassis.
The Jeep cross member forms part of the bodywork of the car and therefore is built to be strong and solid and able to withstand the weight of the engine and/or transmission. Being a structural part, the Jeep cross member assists with the overall handling of the car and helps to keep the body panels solidly in place and in the correct position.
It is vital that the Jeep cross member is in sound condition and working properly as it is paramount to the structural safety of the car. Prone to rust caused by water from the road and damaged caused by debris from the road, over time the Jeep cross member will eventually need replacing. If damaged the Jeep cross member will need replacing with one that is compatible with the make and model of your vehicle.
- The original Jeep was designed in only two days! The prototype took 75 days to be built and then delivered to the US army that had commissioned the vehicle.
- Jeeps have been seen on the big screen a lot, especially in war films. However, it's not just war that is responsible for iconic Jeep designs in cinema. Jurassic Park used a '93 Jeep Wrangler Sahara for the vehicles used in the dino-park, and the most iconic scene showed the Jeep outrunning a T-Rex! There's even a car club called the Jurassic Park Motor Pool, where members have to own a Jeep that has been painted to look like it's come straight from the park.
- People that own a Jeep are very keen to show it off. In 2015, research was carried out that showed Jeep is the second most popular car brand to see on Instagram. The Marque is the most popular Jeep model on social media. While this is a surprise when you consider the bigger names in car manufacturing, the fact that Jeeps can become such an integral part of the travel experience may go some way to explain the Instagram popularity.
- Although they were designed for the military, it didn't take long before Jeep released a version for civilians. The CJ-2A had several features that were lacking on the military versions, such as a tailgate, a side-mounted spare tire, and an external fuel cap.
- The Jeep is the only vehicle to have won an American Purple Heart medal. The award was given after a Jeep was the first US presence on the beach at Guadalcanal. The Jeep was only slightly damaged, with some bullet holes in the windscreen, but General Eisenhower called the Jeep one of "the three tools that won the war."