Find parts for your car
Used Jeep Door Seal Kick Plates
All used Jeep Door Seal Kick Plates listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Seal Kick Plates
The Jeep door seal kick plate is a protective plate or strip, that sits on the door threshold/sill. Its visible when the door is open and is there to protect the paintwork/bodywork when getting in/out of the car.
Car door seal kick plates come in a variety of styles, materials, designs and finishes and will be specific to the make and model of your car. Popular materials for door seal kick plates are brushed, polished and satin stainless steel, aluminium, chrome and plastic.
The Jeep door seal kick plate helps to prevent scuffs, marks, dents and scratches from accidental kicks and knocks when getting in and out of the vehicle.
Usual reason for replacement of the door seal kick plate is general wear and tear and to smarten up the interior of the car. Buying a Jeep door seal kick plate will ensure you get the perfect part for the make and model of your vehicle.
- One of the most expensive Jeeps in the world is the 2005 Jeep Hurricane. It's certainly not a cheap option if you're in the market for a Jeep unless, of course, you've got a spare £2 million in the bank.
- Jeeps have been seen on the big screen a lot, especially in war films. However, it's not just war that is responsible for iconic Jeep designs in cinema. Jurassic Park used a '93 Jeep Wrangler Sahara for the vehicles used in the dino-park, and the most iconic scene showed the Jeep outrunning a T-Rex! There's even a car club called the Jurassic Park Motor Pool, where members have to own a Jeep that has been painted to look like it's come straight from the park.
- Jeeps have a distinctive flat slotted grill, but it's actually Ford that designed this part. Originally, the grill consisted of 13 slots, but by 1945 the number had dropped to seven.
- The Jeep is the only vehicle to have won an American Purple Heart medal. The award was given after a Jeep was the first US presence on the beach at Guadalcanal. The Jeep was only slightly damaged, with some bullet holes in the windscreen, but General Eisenhower called the Jeep one of "the three tools that won the war."
- Nobody knows where the name 'Jeep' comes from or why it was used. One theory is that it's a play on the phrase General Purpose Vehicle (GP), while others maintain that Jeeps are named after a character in the Popeye cartoon, Eugene the Jeep.